FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Remember Tim's anniversary tomorrow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the repose of our fellow Fishie, Timothy Joseph McCarthy. I believe he was a favorite of just about everyone here. Tim had a big spirit, a love for Our Lord, His Blessed Mother and the Church, and always an interesting perspective.

Remember the repose of Tim's soul tomorrow. Since he was such a devotee of the Divine Office, consider saying at least part of the Office of the Dead for him. You can go to divinumofficium.com, choose "Defunctorum" in the rightmost column of options. If you use pre-1960 rubrics, note that Vespers of the Dead would be said today instead of tomorrow. If you use this option, replace the collect given there, which is for all the departed, with this one for a man departed:

Quote:Inclína, Dómine, aurem tuam ad preces nostras, quibus misericórdiam tuam súpplices deprecámur : ut ánimam fámuli tui Timothei, quam de hoc sæculo migráre jussísti, in pacis ac lucis regióne constítuas, et Sanctórum tuórum júbeas esse consórtem.  Per Dóminum...

Incline Thine ear, O Lord, to our prayers, in which we humbly entreat Thy mercy; bring to the country of peace and light the soul of Thy servant Timothy, which Thou hast summoned to go forth from this world, and bid him be numbered with Thy Saints. Through our Lord...

He was buried on the 24th, so you can also repeat the Office on the 23rd/24th, with this collect for the anniversary of burial:

Quote:Deus, indulgentiárum Dómine : da ánimæ fámuli tui Timothei cujus anniversárium depositiónis diem commemorámus, refrigérii sedem, quiétis beatitúdinem, et lúminis claritátem.  Per Dóminum...

O God, the Lord of forgiveness: grant to the soul of Thy servant, Timothy, the anniversary of whose burial we are keeping, a place of refreshment, the happiness of rest and the glory of light. Through our Lord...
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.
St. Benedict, pray for us.
St. Jacinta Marto, pray for us.
St. Francisco Marto, pray for us.
All you Holy Angels and Saints, pray for us.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli;
in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat,
et cum Lazaro quondam paupere
æternam habeas requiem.

Timothy, you were a mensch.
Clare Brigid Wrote:Timothy, you were a mensch.

:(  We lost a lot when he left us. I still miss him.

Sigh...

May his sul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
I made sure to pray Vespers from the Office of the Dead for him.  What a way to viscerally participate in the Communion of saints!
In my daily prayers - I always pray for the repose of his soul when I pass the local cemetery.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.