FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How are you promoting Summorum Pontificum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy,

Just wondering if any one out there in FE land is actively promoting SP to their Bishop or Priest?
What has the response been like? Have you formed or are part of a 'stable group'? Have you had to make representation to the PCED?
How did you go about getting the hardware for Mass to be said? (vestments etc)
I'd love to get a snap shot of where things are at.

OBC
I do not have to promote Summrum Pontificum because there is an indult parish nearby. At appropriate opportune times I am always happy to promote attendance at that location.
:) :) :)
Thanks, Poche.
Of course, attendance would be helping promote SP.
When Pro Tridentina (Malta) had a functioning Committee, we had translated Summorum Pontificum in Maltese and handed a copy to the Archbishop. Subsequently it was put on the organisation's website:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...ficum.html

A good number of TLM were held for some time but most (not to say all) were discontinued, alas due in part because of bickering by a group of persons from one of the parishes whose self-appointed leader created problems to everyone by going against the spirit of the motu proprio itself.

The current Archbishop seems lukewarm as far as the TLM is concerned, notwithstanding that he was a close collaborator of Ratzinger.

Nowadays, this is all that's being done, until better times:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...latin.html
"A good number of TLM were held for some time but most (not to say all) were discontinued, alas due in part because of bickering by a group of persons from one of the parishes whose self-appointed leader created problems to everyone by going against the spirit of the motu proprio itself. "

A common problem no matter your location.
As soon as SP was published we formed a small Latin Mass group. we met in private homes until we had developed a Petition and form a rough plan with the help of Una Voce.

1st. step was to obtain signitures of folks willing to support us or at least willing to admit that we should have the 1962 Mass.

We then approached our priest to ask for his blessing that we were a legit group of the parish.  We then gave him a copy of our petition. Sad to say he could not even say E pluribus unum. But he did approve our group and agreed to talk to the Archbishop. That was done in June of 2008 by August of that year we had found a Dominican prist that was willing to say a once a month Mass. So in August of 2008 we had our first Mass.

I must interject here that we did have some problem with his Excellency early on. In fact we petitioned him twice with no response so we sent copies of all our work to Rome (Ecclesia Dei) and that tipped the balance.

In September of 2008 Seattle got its first FSSP priest. That parish has grown to be quit successful, with satellite Masses in Tacoma, Shoreline.  As a highlite, diocesan priests offer the TLM in Bremerton, and Kelso.

When we first started getting altar hardware was no problem as the parish had all the items, except vestments. Thats where Ebay came in handy. Sure they weren't perfect but it was a start.  We slowly collected full sets.

As a matter of fact if any group needs a very nice low Mass green set, I have one for sale  plus a 1962 altar missal for a real good deal. ( together) If interested PM me. Exchange emails so I can chat with you.

God Bless
(05-08-2015, 01:02 AM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as SP was published we formed a small Latin Mass group. we met in private homes until we had developed a Petition and form a rough plan with the help of Una Voce.

1st. step was to obtain signitures of folks willing to support us or at least willing to admit that we should have the 1962 Mass.

We then approached our priest to ask for his blessing that we were a legit group of the parish.  We then gave him a copy of our petition. Sad to say he could not even say E pluribus unum. But he did approve our group and agreed to talk to the Archbishop. That was done in June of 2008 by August of that year we had found a Dominican prist that was willing to say a once a month Mass. So in August of 2008 we had our first Mass.

I must interject here that we did have some problem with his Excellency early on. In fact we petitioned him twice with no response so we sent copies of all our work to Rome (Ecclesia Dei) and that tipped the balance.

In September of 2008 Seattle got its first FSSP priest. That parish has grown to be quit successful, with satellite Masses in Tacoma, Shoreline.  As a highlite, diocesan priests offer the TLM in Bremerton, and Kelso.

When we first started getting altar hardware was no problem as the parish had all the items, except vestments. Thats where Ebay came in handy. Sure they weren't perfect but it was a start.  We slowly collected full sets.

As a matter of fact if any group needs a very nice low Mass green set, I have one for sale  plus a 1962 altar missal for a real good deal. ( together) If interested PM me. Exchange emails so I can chat with you.

God Bless
Where I live, many of the vestments are hand sewn by women of the community.
I inquired the bishop if there'll be any new Latin Masses in the evenings on Sundays any time soon.

It's sort of a question/suggestion message.