FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Yoga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-13-2015, 05:26 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2015, 02:59 PM)xandratax Wrote: [ -> ]A) one does not believe in, and B) does/do not even exist? It's not possible.

A) In these sorts of things, Faith isn't an issue, its practice.

B) They do exist. They are the Fallen Angels and the Nefilim of Genesis 6. They are still around and they are why God decided to kill every living creature on earth. It is speculated that some survived the flood by going to high ground...VERY high ground. I have read about the Hindu 'gods' (my son-in-law's family is Hindu from India) and when I read it these gods have all the attributes of 'the men of renound' mentioned in that chapter.

Be careful where you put your faith, and I am sure you are, but there are many traps these days. Satan's power is nearing its peak and dilusions are all around!

"It is not necessary to go into a subject which the diligence of Protestant writers has made familiar to most of us. The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons, use of calendars, processions, blessings on the fields; sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison, are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church." -

Source; http://www.newmanreader.org/works/develo...pter8.html
(05-13-2015, 05:55 PM)Sursum corda Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2015, 05:26 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2015, 02:59 PM)xandratax Wrote: [ -> ]A) one does not believe in, and B) does/do not even exist? It's not possible.

A) In these sorts of things, Faith isn't an issue, its practice.

B) They do exist. They are the Fallen Angels and the Nefilim of Genesis 6. They are still around and they are why God decided to kill every living creature on earth. It is speculated that some survived the flood by going to high ground...VERY high ground. I have read about the Hindu 'gods' (my son-in-law's family is Hindu from India) and when I read it these gods have all the attributes of 'the men of renound' mentioned in that chapter.

Be careful where you put your faith, and I am sure you are, but there are many traps these days. Satan's power is nearing its peak and dilusions are all around!

"It is not necessary to go into a subject which the diligence of Protestant writers has made familiar to most of us. The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons, use of calendars, processions, blessings on the fields; sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison, are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church." -

Source; http://www.newmanreader.org/works/develo...pter8.html

True enough, but it doesn't negate the original purpose and the practice of Pagans continues. I didn't see Yoga mentioned in your quoted piece, BTW.
(05-14-2015, 04:38 PM)Sursum corda Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.theosophical.ca/adyar_pamphle...t_No91.pdf

Oh my goodness!

Surly you jest? You quote a Theosophical Document???

Do you know ANYTHING about Theosophist dogma?

Here is a short bio on the founder:

Helena Blavatsky
Helena Petrovna Blavatsky was an occultist, spirit medium, and author who co-founded the Theosophical Society in 1875. She gained an international following as the leading theoretician of Theosophy, the esoteric movement that the Society promoted.

She was a 'Neo-pagan', who changed the face of paganism to make it more acceptable to the cultural elite!

Be more careful of what you quote from your Google searches.
(05-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2015, 04:38 PM)Sursum corda Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.theosophical.ca/adyar_pamphle...t_No91.pdf

Oh my goodness!

Hey, maybe some people here, DO NOT know. That's why we are here, to learn and get clarification. No need to get patronizing.

Anyway, Theosophy? Sounds like another name for 'the spirit of Vatican II.'  :LOL: Oh wait, theosophy looks a lot more straight-forward.

To get back on point, and to agree with the original comment from Sursum corda: Obviously there are many poses in yoga, which are commonly human, and do not belong to yoga exclusively. People often sit 'Indian style,' the prayer positions are universal, and we all wind up eventually in 'corpse pose'!!! (I just now learned that it is called that, obviously instructors avoid using that name for a reason. Haha.) Also, if a naturally flexible person happens to come upon a yogic pose during their exercise routine, I doubt that this is something dangerous. Yoga poses do come naturally to those who are more flexible rather than strong.

Well, I told our priest today that I decided definitely to explore beyond yoga and thanked him for challenging my opinion on it. After telling him about some yoga horror stories, which my mother had recounted to me, we spoke a little further on the subject. He agreed that, while yoga itself has heathen meditation as a goal, adapting parts of yoga into an exercise routine is nothing to be too worried about. Pilates has already absorbed a lot of yoga positions, and it is therefore possible to do some yoga poses without actually doing yoga, if that makes sense.
(05-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my goodness!

My apologies, I should have previewed my post - I neglected to change the subject line to; Intentions Matter…

(05-14-2015, 06:25 PM)xandratax Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh my goodness!

Hey, maybe some people here, DO NOT know. That's why we are here, to learn and get clarification. No need to get patronizing.

Point taken, but I guess I was just reacting to the use of a Satanist's view of a Catholic use of meditation as a type of meditation for their uses.  Helena Blavatsk was also involved in the formation of the Rosicrucians as well.

(05-14-2015, 07:23 PM)Sursum corda Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies, I should have previewed my post - I neglected to change the subject line to; Intentions Matter…

No worries, I was, as I said, a bit shocked at its use in the discussion since it mocked a discipline of a Holy Jesuit Saint.
Pages: 1 2