FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What Temperament Are You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spirit Daily has this article from Ignitum Today about the Four Temperaments.  It's a nice little read.  It's just enough to whet your appetite on the subject so that you'll more fully appreciate the FE page on it.  Lots of background and it includes a first rate test at the end.  Good stuff!

The Four Temperaments
Fascinating!

Nice post.
Melancholic/choleric.  That is, my primary temperament is melancholic.  My secondary temperament is choleric.

By the way, Pope Francis is a choleric -- big time.
I am melancholic, but have not figured out a secondary temperament.  I have been reading a book about temperament called "The Temperament God Gave You" by Art and Laraine Bennett.  I was recently encouraged by a priest to learn about my temperament.  It certainly explains the misunderstandings and clashes between my husband and I!
I'm melancholic/phlegmatic.

I prefer earth and water to air and fire, I think it's interesting that I am also melancholic and phlegmatic and have an aversion to choleric and sanguine people.
Primary melancholic, secondary is mostly probably phlegmatic. I can be still and calm almost anywhere and in any setting.
I guess I'm primarily choleric and secondarily melancholic.
I wonder if its a rule that cholerics don't get along. I guess we are the most disagreeable folks--I kinda dislike phlegmatics too lol.
I'm straight melancholic.
(05-20-2015, 10:56 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm primarily choleric and secondarily melancholic.
I wonder if its a rule that cholerics don't get along. I guess we are the most disagreeable folks--I kinda dislike phlegmatics too lol.

I'm also a choleric-melancholic. I don't know if anyone else feels this way about it, but my temperament is constant challenge to me, and to others close to me. Crazy! I struggle with wrath and over-confidence followed quickly by despair and doubt. My husband is a pure phlegmatic, and I often am baffled by him, as he is by me. I don't think that I have a drop of 'phlegm' in my entire body! I don't mind the company of other cholerics, I'd rather discuss a controversial topic than sit around watching the clouds go by. I generally have a very hard time 'chilling out,' esp. with other people. I find laughter and humor to be the life-saver of my temperament.

I was wondering at what stage in development does a child's temperament becomes obvious? My mother said that I was literally born angry and I started to have suicidal thoughts as a child. If my parents would be have been aware of the temperaments, they would have better understood me instead of just thinking that I was 'ill'.
(05-20-2015, 10:56 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm primarily choleric and secondarily melancholic.

This is the temperament of the main character in the television show House, I believe.

Yes, "Catholic Match" (which has helpful material on this typology) says any combination of choleric and melancholic (including mine, melancholic/choleric), will be difficult to live with and a cross to others.

Now have a nice day!  Smile
Pages: 1 2