FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Spanish Inquisition was 99% Myth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Here's that BBC documentary I've heard much about - the one that recognizes the Truth about the Spanish Inquisition...

Spanish Inquisition was 99% Myth

https://youtu.be/qhlAqklH0do
It's nice to see that at some point the BBC was somewhat serious. In the last month I've been sent links to a BBC documentary claiming to show that Jesus was a Buddhist three separate times. It may be the single worst "documentary" I've ever seen. It really is sad how the major networks in the west are so driven by hatred of the church that they are willing to descend into complete fantasy so long as it fits their objective. It's even stranger when you consider that there isn't a shortage of sins, failures, and embarrassments within the church's 2000 year life span. In fact as we all know the failures outnumber the successes, yet time and again the church's enemies feel compelled to make up nonsense.

Here's that documentary I mentioned if anyone is up for a good laugh.
but that 1% of the time, no one would expect the Spanish Inquisition
(06-17-2015, 10:41 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]but that 1% of the time, no one would expect the Spanish Inquisition

Grin
(06-17-2015, 10:41 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]but that 1% of the time, no one would expect the Spanish Inquisition

Especially not in the middle of a Dostoevsky novel. LOL
(06-17-2015, 10:06 AM)MeanGene Wrote: [ -> ]It's nice to see that at some point the BBC was somewhat serious. In the last month I've been sent links to a BBC documentary claiming to show that Jesus was a Buddhist three separate times. It may be the single worst "documentary" I've ever seen. It really is sad how the major networks in the west are so driven by hatred of the church that they are willing to descend into complete fantasy so long as it fits their objective.

Cracks me up on one level (and enrages me on another). I mean, think of all the SCHTUFF they throw at the Lord and His Church: 

Jesus didn't exist;

no, He existed, but He was gay;

no, He wasn't gay; He was married to Mary Magdalene;

no, He was a Buddhist monk;

He was a Pharisee;

He was an Essene;

He was a Gnostic;

He was just a revolutionary troublemaker;

He's just Mithra part II;

He's Lucifer's brother;

He didn't exist, but if He did, His Body was stolen from His tomb;

the Church is just another Babylonian Mystery religion (I mean, check out those Pope hats, man!);

the Church didn't exist until Constantine;

the Church existed, but it was actually (Baptist, Mormon, fill in your favorite sect here) and then Constantine came along and screwed everything up

--- and then there are all the things that "the Church" allegedly taught and did, bad all of them, forming a list that could go on for miles. LOL