FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Aritcle: The third rail of the priestly abuse scandal: the role of homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"The 'third rail' of the priestly abuse scandal: the role of homosexuality"

By Phil Lawler

"Last week in this space, I argued that by setting up a tribunal to judge bishops accused of neglect in sex-abuse cases, the Vatican has finally addressed the second of three related scandals. Now let’s address the third scandal.

The first scandal, as you may recall, was the sexual abuse of young people by clerics. That scandal was addressed by the Dallas Charter, which established a “zero tolerance” policy for abusive priests. But the implementation of that policy has been marred by the second scandal: the negligence of many bishops. A “zero tolerance” policy has little value if the Church leaders ultimately responsible for enforcing that policy are not reliable. Thus the need to hold bishops accountable, as the Vatican tribunal will do. But the third scandal has not yet been addressed.

The third scandal, as I explain in The Faithful Departed, is the widespread homosexual activity within the clergy..."

Full Article: https://www.catholicculture.org/commenta...fm?id=1094
As many of you know, I struggle with SSA, and there was a time in my mid-twenties where I actually dated other men. During that time, I made many disturbing discoveries about the gay community, from the gay obsession with vanity, to the gay hatred of religion. However, one of the most disturbing trends I found among gay men was all to common proclivity for adolescent males. I found it not only disturbing, but also strange since I was always attracted to men who were five to ten years older than I was. The way I saw it was that to be gay was to be attracted to men, not boys! However, as I got to know more and more gay men, I found that their sexual attractions were often focused on young men below the age of twenty-five, and especially directed at young men who looked like teen-age boys. In fact, it was not uncommon to hear some of these gay men express attraction to actual adolescents, and for them to express their wish that they could sleep with underage minors. It was a sad sight to see 40 and 50 year old men panting at and pursuing 18 year old boys! It was a huge wake-up call in regard to how diseased the gay community is, and helped open my eyes to the fact that that was a community in which I did NOT want to participate. While pedophilia may not be terribly common among gay men, it seems that at least 80% of gay men are content to be pederasts. I only wish these individuals would see how disordered their desires are and in doing so would take stock of how they are living their lives. I also wish that church leaders would understand that homosexuality is not a condition that is compatible with priestly ministry.
Thanks for both of the previous posts, dearest Papist!
(06-17-2015, 06:10 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]As many of you know, I struggle with SSA, and there was a time in my mid-twenties where I actually dated other men. During that time, I made many disturbing discoveries about the gay community, from the gay obsession with vanity, to the gay hatred of religion. However, one of the most disturbing trends I found among gay men was all to common proclivity for adolescent males. I found it not only disturbing, but also strange since I was always attracted to men who were five to ten years older than I was. The way I saw it was that to be gay was to be attracted to men, not boys! However, as I got to know more and more gay men, I found that their sexual attractions were often focused on young men below the age of twenty-five, and especially directed at young men who looked like teen-age boys. In fact, it was not uncommon to hear some of these gay men express attraction to actual adolescents, and for them to express their wish that they could sleep with underage minors. It was a sad sight to see 40 and 50 year old men panting at and pursuing 18 year old boys! It was a huge wake-up call in regard to how diseased the gay community is, and helped open my eyes to the fact that that was a community in which I did NOT want to participate. While pedophilia may not be terribly common among gay men, it seems that at least 80% of gay men are content to be pederasts. I only wish these individuals would see how disordered their desires are and in doing so would take stock of how they are living their lives. I also wish that church leaders would understand that homosexuality is not a condition that is compatible with priestly ministry.

This is very interesting. Thank you for being so open about your experiences and sharing this insight with us. I have a question, just to get your opinion: Do you think then that the lesbian experience is totally different? As far as I can tell, pederasty is not no so common among lesbians, but maybe I'm wrong. I am just curious because we often here 'queer' as if it were an overarching identify and experience for people with SSA, but if it really is very different, then the 'LGBT' is kind of a joke then, as well as 'queer theory' right? There are women who are also very attracted to teenage boys.  Would you say that most gay men have in common with those women than they do with a lesbian, for example? Because maybe the breaking up of the LGBT identity might help to get this truth out.
(06-18-2015, 04:26 AM)xandratax Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 06:10 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]As many of you know, I struggle with SSA, and there was a time in my mid-twenties where I actually dated other men. During that time, I made many disturbing discoveries about the gay community, from the gay obsession with vanity, to the gay hatred of religion. However, one of the most disturbing trends I found among gay men was all to common proclivity for adolescent males. I found it not only disturbing, but also strange since I was always attracted to men who were five to ten years older than I was. The way I saw it was that to be gay was to be attracted to men, not boys! However, as I got to know more and more gay men, I found that their sexual attractions were often focused on young men below the age of twenty-five, and especially directed at young men who looked like teen-age boys. In fact, it was not uncommon to hear some of these gay men express attraction to actual adolescents, and for them to express their wish that they could sleep with underage minors. It was a sad sight to see 40 and 50 year old men panting at and pursuing 18 year old boys! It was a huge wake-up call in regard to how diseased the gay community is, and helped open my eyes to the fact that that was a community in which I did NOT want to participate. While pedophilia may not be terribly common among gay men, it seems that at least 80% of gay men are content to be pederasts. I only wish these individuals would see how disordered their desires are and in doing so would take stock of how they are living their lives. I also wish that church leaders would understand that homosexuality is not a condition that is compatible with priestly ministry.

This is very interesting. Thank you for being so open about your experiences and sharing this insight with us. I have a question, just to get your opinion: Do you think then that the lesbian experience is totally different? As far as I can tell, pederasty is not no so common among lesbians, but maybe I'm wrong. I am just curious because we often here 'queer' as if it were an overarching identify and experience for people with SSA, but if it really is very different, then the 'LGBT' is kind of a joke then, as well as 'queer theory' right? There are women who are also very attracted to teenage boys.  Would you say that most gay men have in common with those women than they do with a lesbian, for example? Because maybe the breaking up of the LGBT identity might help to get this truth out.
From what I have read, and from what I can tell from my interactions with various gay people,  the Lesbian experience is quite distinct from the gay male one. While most homosexual men are almost exclusively homosexual in regard to their sexual desires, almost every lesbian I have met has had a much more fluid sexuality. The latter tend to openly talk about their attraction to both men and women, and deep down, it appears that the source of lesbianism almost always goes back to some negative experience with men. Don't get me wrong, I am sure there probably are lesbians who are exclusively homosexual, but I think that those individuals are in the minority.
As to your question about whether most gay men have more in common with women whoa are attracted to teenage boys, I just don't know. What I would say, though, is that it seems that the homosexual men who are attracted full grown men seem to be a different breed when compared to the majority of homosexual men who are pederasts. There is a fundamental distinction between a fully developed 30 year old man (btw, my doctor told me that men go through a "second puberty" in their mid twenties to early thirties, and this is why a 30 year old man looks manly and often a 24 year old man still appears somewhat adolescent) and a 21 year old man. So the groups who are sexually attracted to the distinct groups are then fundamentally different.
(06-17-2015, 06:55 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for both of the previous posts, dearest Papist!

Of course you are welcome Michael. While it may be politically incorrect to speak of such things, I think that it is important that the true dark side of homosexuality be exposed.

Love much, thank you very much for sharing your experience, and I agree with you. Monogamy is almost non-existent in the gay world. I think I read that the infidelity rate among gay many is above 90%.

And, yes, I will be praying for you.
(06-18-2015, 10:24 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 06:55 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for both of the previous posts, dearest Papist!

Of course you are welcome Michael. While it may be politically incorrect to speak of such things, I think that it is important that the true dark side of homosexuality be exposed.

Too right!  And, kudos to you my friend for speaking out so plainly and bravely!!!!
As a strictly eremetical homosexual for the first 10 years of my same-sex attractions (i.e. ages 11-21), and a highly scrupulous moralist after converting to Catholicism, I was mercifully spared from learning the practical side of the gay lifestyle. Closest I ever got was chat-rooms. What awful places they were, though. So many lost souls, angry at their dads or their peers or themselves, clearly seeking pleasure to cover terrible inner isolation.

A fairly liberal novus ordo Sister give a talk on priestly abuse in our parish several months ago. Despite the nonsense she spoke on many issues (including the claim that it is not homosexuality that we're dealing with), she said one thing that was very impressive: "allowing men into the priesthood - or forms of Religious life - whose main concept of intimacy is purely sexual is a sin". They are immature spiritually, emotionally, and in broad human terms. It is they who, with the serial psychotics, become abusers out of immaturity, loneliness, and sometimes feelings of authority/power. The last part about power was a bit much, though, as she used it as an excuse to question the hierarchy of the Church. It's so easy to lose the balanced view.

Anyway, what she said about intimacy equaling sexuality (for these men) struck me very much. As I said, having no practical experience of the gay world (clerical or otherwise), I cannot understand. My vision of my fellow SSA-sufferers is more influenced by straight stereotypes than anything else!  LOL

Either way, a friend of mine whose most active priestly ministry was in the 1980s told me that he was assigned to what was known as the Gay Headquarters of our Archdiocese. In the rectory, he once had supper with the rector and a permanent deacon - who brought his boyfriend. At another point, the same deacon brought some male 'friends' to the house late at night - still wearing dance-floor clothes. Not difficult to imagine their plans, before they were told to get out.

What my priest-friend told me was that at least 60-70% of the priests of our archdiocese were promiscuous homosexuals in the 1980s. Just prior to his priestly ordination, he observed all these priests -- who he personally knew had abused adolescents or were in gay relationships -- process up the aisle toward the altar. He asked himself, seriously, if he wanted to be associated with this cadre of perverts. He himself is actually rather liberal and pro-gay, but "perverts" is objectively what they were, and he said so.

I myself have ceased my drive towards the priesthood in any way, shape, or form so that I may deal with the emotional and relational difficulties that are founded in - and continue to inform - my homo-sexuality. Great pain, very great pain... but, after what I've learned, a necessary pain.
Well, since everyone is sharing their experiences, I might as well tell you all that I struggle with being an 'asexual,' or 'demisexual.' I've only ever been motivated by sex for the conception of children. (And that's a fairly recent thing for me.) My husband and I have been living a celibate marriage for over two years now, precisely after the birth of our daughter. We are in a very difficult situation, in which having another child would be impossible for us, so hence the current situation. My husband is 'normal', and I tend to shun any physical contact with him, even if it's not sexual, it's hard for me. There's been some loss of trust in our marriage, which has added to my aversion. It's pretty horrible, and we are both trying our best to change the situation, because obviously, it's not good for our family. My husband has been very supportive, but I think he must suffer as much as you guys do.

Both of my parents have problems with various sexual addictions (as well as other things), and this might have contributed to my problems. My brother, recently deceased, was himself deeply confused, and eventually fell in love with a transsexual prostitute who, in his drug-induced delusions, he thought had miscarried his baby. It was so sad to see the pain that is related and often at the core of perversion. My brother said he loved 'her' because she was 'as messed up as he is.'  Cry We come from a divorced family with a severely manipulative and condescending father. It is interesting to notice that that is often a cause of such problems. Thank you all for talking about it. I suppose I could have wound up like my brother, a dead drug addict, but I always refused to believe that my father's treatment of us was love, and I asked God to help me always, and He did send me wonderful father figures, who really did save my life. Prayer really helps.

I just wanted to mention that because some of the SSA people tend to think that those in marriage are living some kind of bliss. No, sadly, and it's really hard being a woman like me. With all this gushing praise of motherhood from the Church, it often seems that if you're not having a huge family, you're failing. It's also confusing to me as an asexual, because abstinence is so highly revered in Church teaching, it doesn't exactly make my martial duties sound appealing. In fact, it makes me feel quite lowly, and I often feel that I married for selfish reasons, and deceived my husband. It would be very helpful if the Church delved more deeply into these matters, because I think more people struggle with problems of sexuality than they imagine.
Pages: 1 2