FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic speed dating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: h2vjj.jpg?resize=596%2C1169]

[Image: 0e60f46ca68c59e18174254f0f161b4106f4c75e...=490%2C960]

Tip o' the hat
LOL
Girls stand this? A guy dating more than one woman at the same time?  Sticking tongue out at you
Another one...

[Image: 5826f92cd78e7ce8c500e5a309ac8204.jpg]

Grin
Grin

Didn't anyone got my joke? He should've said tecum not vobiscum  Sticking tongue out at you The lady should've noticed it--but then again, by the way she dresses she's probably one of those contemporary Masses  Grin
(06-22-2015, 07:17 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]Grin

Didn't anyone got my joke? He should've said tecum not vobiscum  Sticking tongue out at you The lady should've noticed it--but then again, by the way she dresses she's probably one of those contemporary Masses  Grin

LOL totally missed that, you're right!
This is one reason trad guys often have serious trouble finding a wife.

Yes, I realize and appreciate the element of humor here, but the sort of demandingness being valorized in the OP has proven to be less than successful as a strategy.

It's better, I think, to find a normal Catholic woman who would be a good wife and mother.  Many of these women find themselves gravitating to their husbands' traditionalism eventually. 
(06-22-2015, 09:18 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]This is one reason trad guys often have serious trouble finding a wife.

Yes, I realize and appreciate the element of humor here, but the sort of demandingness being valorized in the OP has proven to be less than successful as a strategy.

It's better, I think, to find a normal Catholic woman who would be a good wife and mother.  Many of these women find themselves gravitating to their husbands' traditionalism eventually.

Well, to a certain extent you're right, but you have to understand how hard this is with all the horror stories we hear of failed marriages (and a big chunk of them being the woman leaving—some of them leaving even the children!). Its especially hard for those of us who have divorced parents and had bad experiences and see disaster and gloom at every corner. This is a deformity in our perception, sure, because if divorce was the norm marriage would not exist. But still, not easy, especially today.
I get what you're trying to say, claire. A bit of background though. There's a speed dating meme, these are just a riff on that not actually something I'd suggest actually doing. Mrs Maccabees would have my head! Grin