FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Flying Padre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vox posted this eight years ago with this comment:
Vox Clamantis Wrote:Well now, this is a fantabulous find! It's an old RKO newsreel (about 8 minutes long) about a priest -- Fr. Fred Stadtmuller -- who had to care for a New Mexican parish that was 4,000 square miles big. He had a little plane he called "The Spirit of St. Joseph" which he'd fly off in to perform the heroic deeds priests do all the time (or at least used to do, back in the day, and which trad-minded priests still do). Flying off to offer a Requiem Mass, for ex., flying to a young mother's ranch house to take her sick baby to the hospital. Check this out -- and dig the double plus goodness of this fact: it was directed by Stanley Kubrick!

Unfortunately, the Youtube link in the original post is dead, so I'm posting a new, live link.

Priests can't do this type of thing anymore, their carbon footprint would be to big  :jester:
(06-26-2015, 09:42 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Vox posted this eight years ago with this comment:
Vox Clamantis Wrote:Well now, this is a fantabulous find! It's an old RKO newsreel (about 8 minutes long) about a priest -- Fr. Fred Stadtmuller -- who had to care for a New Mexican parish that was 4,000 square miles big. He had a little plane he called "The Spirit of St. Joseph" which he'd fly off in to perform the heroic deeds priests do all the time (or at least used to do, back in the day, and which trad-minded priests still do). Flying off to offer a Requiem Mass, for ex., flying to a young mother's ranch house to take her sick baby to the hospital. Check this out -- and dig the double plus goodness of this fact: it was directed by Stanley Kubrick!

Unfortunately, the Youtube link in the original post is dead, so I'm posting a new, live link.

And the YouTube link in my reposting died, so here it is again!