FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Should the two "Catholic" justices who voted for gay marriage be excommunicated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apparently, two Supreme Court justices who are "Catholic" voted for gay marriage.  They're Anthony Kennedy and Sonia Sotomayor.  I don't know how seriously Catholic they were to begin with, but surely after voting for gay marriage, the Church must/should do/say something, if not excommunicate them outright, right?  Guess that's not likely under Francis.
They are already excommunicated in the eyes of God and the Church, even if the cowardly bishops don't speak up.

They should be publicly denounced and excommunicated and the penalty of grave sin, excommunication, and faculty suspension to any priest that willingly administers Holy Communion to them.

This is how the Church's bishops need to behave if they wish not to see their successors be fed to the lions, because unless we stand up and stand strong and aggressively...the persecution of the Church will only worsen.
Excommunicated by whom? Who are they to judge?  :LOL:
(06-26-2015, 10:45 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, two Supreme Court justices who are "Catholic" voted for gay marriage.  They're Anthony Kennedy and Sonia Sotomayor.  I don't know how seriously Catholic they were to begin with, but surely after voting for gay marriage, the Church must/should do/say something, if not excommunicate them outright, right?  Guess that's not likely under Francis.

They should be excommunicated, but that is Cdl. Wuerl's job, not mine.  If they are not formally excommunicated, they should be denied communion.  This seems to be one of those issues that just isn't talked about in church.  Even orthodox priests won't preach on it for some reason.  Maybe this ruling will force the issue in church a little more.  People need to know what the Church teaches- that people of a homosexual orientation are loved by God, and that they can find true fulfillment in Him and in following the teachings of His Church.  I have only heard a priest preach on this subject one time, and it was for a group of maybe ten people at a Mass for a young adult organization.  Maybe this ruling will force the issue to be preached on in church a bit more.
They will both probably end up giving commencement speeches at " Catholic" universities and given standing ovations.

Oh, and Cardinal Wuerl is the guy who threw his own priest under the bus for denying Communion to a lesbian Buddhist, to think that he'll publicly excommunicate such powerful figures who can legislate reality from the bench is wishful thinking. 
If they are indeed excommunicated latae sententiae you yourself can inform them of that. It doesn't take a bishop. A neo-Catholic friend of mine once held that a person is only excommunicated if he looking at the eyes of a bishop denies some truth of the faith. Of course, this is utter non-sense—that would mean that people who join Prot sects or even other religions are only excommunicated if they happen to meet the bishop. No, knowledge of the law suffices.

The sad thing I learned recently is that many supposed Catholics I know support gay marriage. I guess people are only Catholic when they have some disease, eh.
Whoever came up with gay marriage did a masterful job of social engineering. I mean, turning sodomy into a high virtue and elevating sodomitical relationship to  a sacrament and duping Catholics all the way? The sons of darkness are indeed more sneaky.

They both should be publicly excommunicated for authorizing a PUBLIC MORTAL SIN although Sotomayer is not a practicing Catholic but Kennedy is (or he shows up at Mass)
Many Catholic on their Judgement Day will say didn't i go to Mass every Sunday and Our Lord will say I never knew you. They will not get away with this hypocrisy with God.
(06-26-2015, 10:45 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, two Supreme Court justices who are "Catholic" voted for gay marriage.

They voted that bans on same-sex marriage violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, on the grounds that there is no rational basis for treating heterosexual and same-sex couples differently.  This is not equivalent to "voting for same-sex marriage," something that a number of state legislatures did.

Actually, there was a decades-long lead up to this decision, starting with Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479 (1965), the Supreme Court's 1965 birth control decision, and Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967), which struck down state laws prohibiting interracial marriage ("miscegenation").
(06-27-2015, 05:53 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2015, 10:45 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, two Supreme Court justices who are "Catholic" voted for gay marriage.

They voted that bans on same-sex marriage violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, on the grounds that there is no rational basis for treating heterosexual and same-sex couples differently.  This is not equivalent to "voting for same-sex marriage," something that a number of state legislatures did.

Somehow I don't think that distinction will make much of a difference when they're before God.
Pages: 1 2 3