FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: OK, I'm Totally Confuzzled!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whilst I've never attended and ICKSP Mass, I have been led to believe, by posts here, that they celebrated using the 1955 recension of the liturgical books. Now, I just discovered on their website:
The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest Wrote:The Institute of Christ the King celebrates the classical Roman Liturgy, the "Latin Mass," in its traditional form according to the liturgical books promulgated in 1962 by Blessed Pope John XXIII.

What am I missing?

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/ins...atin-mass/
I don't think they have any special indult to say mass according to the 1952 rubrics. Neither Summorum Pontificum nor Ecclesia Dei has provisions for anything other than those wishing to celebrate according to the 1962 Rubrics.

And as ICKSP is in full communion with the Church, they celebrate the TLM the only way prescribed.
At one of the churches near me where they celebrate TLM, the priest who comes to do the Mass is from ICKSP. They definitely use the 1962 missal. That said, they don't stick completely to the 1962 missal since the 2nd confiteor is always done.

I think the major difference between the missals from the early 50s to 1962 are the Masses during Holy Week.
Who told you they used the pre-1962 books?

Not even the SSPX use the pre-1962 books.
I was at a mass celebrated by Fr. Benedict of the ICKSP, the final blessings was done individually, where we lined up at the communion rails (first row of kneelers in this case), and he blessed us one by one and offered his hands to be kissed.

At the dinner arranged by traditionalist community after mass, henexplained where that came from. A very friendly priest. He blessed my rosary, and enrolled me in the confraternity of the brown scapular.

They know their stuff.
(07-02-2015, 12:51 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]Who told you they used the pre-1962 books?

Not even the SSPX use the pre-1962 books.
Well, I ve been reading the archives, and I've seen several posts like reply #4 in this thread:

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.p...=1116851.0
I've heard and read that they have an indult to do the pre-54 Holy Triduum.  I have many friends who have gone with them for that reason. Now in practice I don't think they take advantage of that indult all that much at least not in their major churches in the U.S.
(07-02-2015, 02:09 PM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard and read that they have an indult to do the pre-54 Holy Triduum.  I have many friends who have gone with them for that reason. Now in practice I don't think they take advantage of that indult all that much at least not in their major churches in the U.S.

That would be neat, I haven't found anything about it except this.

http://sanctatrinitasunusdeus.com/2014/0...nicholson/
I attend a Parish staffed by the ICKSP.  There are a few things they do that are different from the FSSP parish in our area. (yes, I'm fortunate to live in a city with both)  For example, the priest always removes his chasuble for the homily.  A small lighted candle is placed on the altar during the canon of the Mass.  The altar boys always kiss the object they are handing to the priest and then kiss his hand.  Whenever the Holy Name is said, the priest bows his head.  Our church has an altar cloth for communion and the FSSP parish doesn't use one.
I'm not sure if any of these gestures are in the rubrics from 1955 and not in 1962 but these are just some of the minor differences I have seen.  These might just be formalities that the ICKSP follow or use and have nothing to do with the rubrics.  Just my observations.
(07-02-2015, 11:54 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I've never attended and ICKSP Mass, I have been led to believe, by posts here, that they celebrated using the 1955 recension of the liturgical books. Now, I just discovered on their website:
The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest Wrote:The Institute of Christ the King celebrates the classical Roman Liturgy, the "Latin Mass," in its traditional form according to the liturgical books promulgated in 1962 by Blessed Pope John XXIII.

What am I missing?

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/ins...atin-mass/

What is your complaint against the Mass of 1962?
Pages: 1 2 3