FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Battle Lines are Being Drawn, plus more Confusing Statements From Francis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In case you haven't seen the latest from the Remnant.

It really troubled me when Michael Matt says, "mercy, whatever that means."

I think that, as Catholics, we should give the Holy Father the benefit of any doubt.  I don't think Mr. Matt and Mr. Ferrara have done this.
(09-09-2015, 10:48 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]It really troubled me when Michael Matt says, "mercy, whatever that means."

I think that, as Catholics, we should give the Holy Father the benefit of any doubt.  I don't think Mr. Matt and Mr. Ferrara have done this.

I don't know Claire.. I know what you are saying but how long do we keep extending  the benefit of the doubt to a Pope that is virtually never clear?  Seems that has been done and done again for quite a long time.  Pope Francis statements have the clarity of mud and it never seems to improve.
To be fair, I've heard somewhere that the provisions stated on the letter will be formalized until December (I think it was on Fr. Z's blog).

Apparently they filmed this before the motu proprio--which is not unexpected since the news of the motu proprio were given one day before its release. Frankly, the catholic no-fault divorce is way more troubling to me than the imprecisions of the letter (or what it says or does not say about the SSPX). I suspect Francis just threw the Church into major disaster that will last for at least five decades: Catholics will divorce and remmary at a much higher ratio, there will be a rise of "serial monogamists", families destroyed all with Church blessing and eventually nobody will want to get married (even more). A couple generations in the future people will start to criticize this and God knows when a new pope will fix things.

Not to mention the timing of this thing, right before the synod. What will the synod deal with now? Well, more free time to make a deal with the gays (and in case anyone was left out from annulment, communion for them). That's why the German bishops were so quiet these days.
I hope I'm wrong, but I can only think of Parentucelli's (later Pope Nicholas V) words at the Council of Basel: "No one in his right mind would say that this is a proper council or even a proper church. Sons of perdition, henchmen of demons! It's not a Synod you're holding but a synagogue of Satan!"--"(...) Synaogam sathanae, non synodum agitis, perditi homines et mancipia daemonum!"
"Synaogam sathanae, non synodum agitis, perditi homines et mancipia daemonum"

Yep many are seeing the synod as exactly that and  if  our wosrt fears come to pass we WILL see a SPLIT IN THE CHURCH sad
(09-09-2015, 10:58 AM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2015, 10:48 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]It really troubled me when Michael Matt says, "mercy, whatever that means."

I don't know Claire.. I know what you are saying but[b] how long do we keep extending  the benefit of the doubt to a Pope that is virtually never clear?[/b]  Seems that has been done and done again for quite a long time.  Pope Francis statements have the clarity of mud and it never seems to improve.

Excellent question!!
(09-09-2015, 10:58 AM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you are saying but how long do we keep extending  the benefit of the doubt to a Pope that is virtually never clear?

For as long as we are Catholic.
(09-09-2015, 03:11 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2015, 10:58 AM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you are saying but how long do we keep extending  the benefit of the doubt to a Pope that is virtually never clear?

For as long as we are Catholic.

Ummmm.... not trying to  be a smart  A__ but in this case are we supposed to suspend our ability to reason?  Last time i checked up is still up and down is still down.  Kind of feels like being a lemming and headed  toward a  very  large cliff. Unsure
I agree with Clare. Alhough many of Pope Francis' actions are not ideal and he certainly isn't my favorite pope, he is trying hard to do what he believes to be right. He may be the visible head of the church but that doesn't mean that he has to be impeccable, he is a good man with a great love of God but he is just that, a man. He is just as much of a victim of all of this modernism and liberalism as the rest of us if even more so. We must continue to give him the benefit of the doubt as it's all we can do lest we become Schismatics or worse. We must pray for him and all of the other bishops and possibly make some sort of petition, aside from that we must be patient and trust that God knows what he is doing.
(09-09-2015, 03:34 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Clare. Alhough many of Pope Francis' actions are not ideal and he certainly isn't my favorite pope, he is trying hard to do what he believes to be right. He may be the visible head of the church but that doesn't mean that he has to be impeccable, he is a good man with a great love of God but he is just that, a man. He is just as much of a victim of all of this modernism and liberalism as the rest of us if even more so. We must continue to give him the benefit of the doubt as it's all we can do lest we become Schismatics or worse. We must pray for him and all of the other bishops and possibly make some sort of petition, aside from that we must be patient and trust that God knows what he is doing.

Kind of wondering how this applies to...

Matthew 7:15-17Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

A Tree and Its Fruit
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit.
Pages: 1 2 3