FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First, Melancholy; Then, Hope.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have drifted into one of my melancholy moods, so fair warning, y'all:

Because we are all children (natural, step, adopted, in-vitro, etc. ) of modernity--every blessed one of us, are we all inherently--and thus not because of any fault of our own, stunted in our ability to love, to serve, to sacrifice, to give of ourselves? Is the best that we can legitimately hope for only that which will allow us to assist in raising the great saints, the divine poets of Heaven, who will come--who must come, who have been predicted by various sources, such as St. Louis de Montfort in his Total Consecration and Romano Guardini in his The End of the Modern World as arising to turn the world upside down in loving honor of the One who lived a life and died a death and rose a resurrection that forever changed everything and everyone?

My hope is that children will soon be born who will carry with them the laughter of Our Lady and keep with them her Rosary like it were a lifeline to the Sacred of Heart of Jesus, for It is; His Sacred Heart is the true center of this universe. Regardless of what we have lost or have never learned in the first place, everything comes from His love. God give us those saints who will, to the best of their sanctified abilities, see that everything returns to His love. 

I look at these two photos and I realize that any moment that has not been spent in love for Christ, His Church, and His people (everyone--surprise!) has been wasted. As my Jesuit prayer book from the 30s reads: "I consider every moment of my life as lost, which has not been consecrated to Thy love."  God forgive me for not loving Him as I should have, as I could have. So much time wasted. As Charles Peguy once wrote, all that will ultimately matter is whether or not we become saints.

This worlds needs to burn. Let us kindle (both in terms of burning and of giving birth) the damn thing with sacrificial acts of love.

This is love:
[Image: CHdRfRaXAAEwj6Q.jpg]

This is love:
[Image: Kolbe3.jpg]
"In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph."
As Patrick Coffin states at the end of Catholic Answers broadcast,  BECOME A SAINT WHAT ELSE IS THERE
Two beautiful priests pictures above