FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I Have A New Blog - Now What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-03-2015, 01:02 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that no one seems to be doing is relating Gothic architecture and scholastic philosophy. There's a book by y Erwin Panofsky that deals with that. Basically the same form of mind that invented the Summa (a style original to Western medieval Christianity, the perfection of dialectic--the process praised by Platonists for the discovery of truth) also built the Gothic cathedrals. I want to read Panofsky, never had the opportunity yet, but you could summarize his points, give examples, etc., and even relate to the Liturgy, which is the soul (or the form of the soul) of medieval art and philosophy.
Now, that would be an original blog.

Ohhh! Yes, please.
(10-03-2015, 06:55 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Another bit of advice: go to sites you normally wouldn't go to in order to find stuff to write about. Go to those leftist, "progressive," radical feminist blogs and websites. They're fodder! I so wish I could get 15 people to each do just that and post just one bit of commentary or just one article a day here to keep the place fresh!

I'd also like to add that visiting these sites will also get one very familiar with the trends, commentary and thought-process of those whose political views are the complete opposite of yours. It will also act a as a mirror, and you'll see if "your side" is being honest or misinterpreted by those that comment on their words.

OP: I started "seriously" blogging aka updating my blog almost every other day since last July. My bio reads " mainly a critical look on modern thought" so I will forever have things to write about. I cannot offer any advice on how to gain traffic since I do not know how. I'm very much fine with it being an island of thought - justĀ  a place where I can write down whats going through my head, and if a stranger comes along and read its, and comments then so be it. I'll also note that I'm not the one to market my site; for whatever reason I'm uncomfortable with saying, "Hey this is my blog! Visit! Visit!" I am currently in the process of adding social sharing buttons in the html so, if anyone stops by and feels like it's worth a "share," then that option is also possible.

Good luck.
Do a lot of posts about Filipino Catholic culture, about the various devotions, customs etc peculiar to the Phllipines. You can also delve into the various art and architecture within the Phillipines. In short, keep it mostly focused on plumbing the depths of Fillipino Catholic culture. Embrace it and use your blog to educate all of us about the richness of Catholicism in your own homeland. Believe me I'd tune in to that almost every day.
(10-04-2015, 05:06 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Do a lot of posts about Filipino Catholic culture, about the various devotions, customs etc peculiar to the Phllipines. You can also delve into the various art and architecture within the Phillipines. In short, keep it mostly focused on plumbing the depths of Fillipino Catholic culture. Embrace it and use your blog to educate all of us about the richness of Catholicism in your own homeland. Believe me I'd tune in to that almost every day.

I have tried doing that, and I have some posts about Filipino Catholicism. In fact, the blog patroness is Our Lady of the Rosary, La Naval de Manila. Through her intercession, "two wet chickens", as the Dutch said it was (referring to two commercial ships used by the Spanish forces against them. A pun between gallo and galleon) won the Battle of La Naval against the Dutch, mirroring the Battle of Lepanto.

https://catholicaesthetics.wordpress.com...de-manila/
(10-05-2015, 04:33 AM)Neopelagianus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2015, 05:06 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Do a lot of posts about Filipino Catholic culture, about the various devotions, customs etc peculiar to the Phllipines. You can also delve into the various art and architecture within the Phillipines. In short, keep it mostly focused on plumbing the depths of Fillipino Catholic culture. Embrace it and use your blog to educate all of us about the richness of Catholicism in your own homeland. Believe me I'd tune in to that almost every day.

I have tried doing that, and I have some posts about Filipino Catholicism. In fact, the blog patroness is Our Lady of the Rosary, La Naval de Manila. Through her intercession, "two wet chickens", as the Dutch said it was (referring to two commercial ships used by the Spanish forces against them. A pun between gallo and galleon) won the Battle of La Naval against the Dutch, mirroring the Battle of Lepanto.

https://catholicaesthetics.wordpress.com...de-manila/

A new post along the same lines: https://catholicaesthetics.wordpress.com...of-cavite/

N.
Pages: 1 2