FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Nancy Pelosi, Expert Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

From The American Spectator:

Nancy Pelosi, Expert Catholic
By Emily Zanotti on 10.2.15 | 1:07PM

Yesterday, Nancy Pelosi held a press conference, where she touted her commitment to "women's health," and her participation in a movement to ensure Federal funding continued for Planned Parenthood.

Although she held the conference open for questions from the media, she clearly did not believe anyone would actually ask any, and was, apparently, quite taken by surprise when a journalist asked her whether a fetus with a beating heart and functioning liver, like the ones referred to in the Center for Medical Progress videos as being perfect to harvest for body parts, was human. Nancy Pelosi responded by, of course, accusing the reporter of having an "ideological agenda," and explaining that she knew more about the subject of abortion because she is a "devout, practicing Catholic."

Quote:The reporter sparked the exchange by asking: “Is an unborn baby with a human heart and human liver a human being?”

“Why don’t you take your ideological questions…I don’t know who you are, and you’re welcome to be here and freedom of this press,” Pelosi said. “I am a devout, practicing Catholic. A mother of five children. When my baby was born, my firth child, my oldest child, was six years old. I think I know more about this subject than you, with all due respect.”

Pelosi then said she did “not intend” to answer the question. It wasn’t immediately clear which news outlet the reporter was representing.
Look, I may not be the mother to five kids, but I'm a devout, practicing Catholic and I have a hard time believing Nancy Pelosi knows much about the Church's position on unborn babies. A "devout, practicing Catholic" knows that opposition to abortion is a non-negotiable part of the Catholic faith, which believes that life begins at conception. As abortion is an intentional end to a human life, the Church's thoughts on the matter are pretty clear. To a "devout, practicing" Catholic, the answer to the reporters question is an unqualified, "yes."

It's not as if Pelosi is in the dark. Her thoughts on abortion rights are clear, and when she met Pope Emeritus Benedict not so long ago, he was clear that she should reject her support for abortion. He even refused to take a picture with her, choosing instead to hammer home that Catholic politicians have a responsibility to ensure the dignity of human life is respected, from conception through natural death. She thought she could get a better response out of Pope Francis, ahead of his visit, but it turns out, the Pope - even Pope Francis - is still preeeeeettty Catholic.

Now, go check out Pelosi's, the Devout Catholic's, political positions at Project Vote-Smart.

A few excerpts from Vote Smart summaries of her views on abortion, my emphasis in bold:

Nancy Pelosi. Project Vote Smart: 1998 California Congressional Political Courage Test. Did Not Check SUPPORT for: "g) Prohibit the late-term abortion procedure known as "partial-birth" abortion."

Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi Statement on Supreme Court's Decision on Late-Term Abortions. 18 April 2007. "'I am disappointed. Criminalizing doctors for performing medically necessary procedures to save a woman's life or protect her health is wrong. The Court's decision is a significant step backwards.'" (votesmart.org)

Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi's Remarks at the March for Women's Lives Rally. 25 April 2004. "'For us, this is personal! I am not only a leader in Congress. I am a mother of five, and a grandmother of five. And we are here to say that a woman's right to make her own reproductive decisions is not only pro-choice...it's pro-children! It's pro-family! It's pro-Constitution! It's pro-freedom!'" (votesmart.org)

Planned Parenthood. 04/18/2012. "Nancy Pelosi supported the interests of Planned Parenthood 100 percent in 2010." (votesmart.org)

Nancy Pelosi. H Amdt 95. 112th Congress. Prohibiting Use of Federal Funds For Planned Parenthood. Nancy Pelosi voted Nay on 02/18/2011. (votesmart.org)

Family Research Council. 04/18/2012. "Nancy Pelosi supported the interests of the Family Research Council 0 percent in 2010." (votesmart.org)

Nancy Pelosi. HR 3. 112th Congress. Prohibiting Taxpayer Funding of Abortion. Nancy Pelosi voted Nay on 05/04/2011. (votesmart.org)

Nancy Pelosi. HR 3660. 106th Congress. Ban on Partial-Birth/Late Term Abortion. Nancy Pelosi voted Nay on 04/05/2000. (votesmart.org)

National Right to Life Committee. 04/18/2012. "Nancy Pelosi supported the interests of the National Right to Life Committee 0 percent in 2010." (votesmart.org)

Nancy Pelosi. Project Vote Smart: 1998 California Congressional Political Courage Test. Did Not Check SUPPORT for: "g) Prohibit the late-term abortion procedure known as "partial-birth" abortion."

This list goes on and on... (and she voted FOR the Patriot Act. To her credit, though, she voted against using military force against Iraq, a country that didn't do a thing to us, and the majority YEA votes leading to the situation we've got to day, with ISIS, Christian genocide, etc. So good on her for that one.. The adage about broken clocks comes to mind...)

Yeah, Pelosi's quite a piece of work, ain't she?? Eye-roll Eye-roll  There aren't too many people who, when I see or hear them, make my skin crawl.  She and her buddy, B.H. Obama, are two of them, though.
Nancy Pelosi, Expert Catholic 

LOL LOL LOL