FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Book on a Disastrous Pontificate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ha ha ha... can I borrow it? My book budget has been blown for the year.  :blush:
I just ordered a copy!
I just randomly came across this image... kind of sums up the pontificate in a way
[Image: 11950494_869971236432480_733605968_n.jpg]
(10-19-2015, 03:56 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]I just randomly came across this image... kind of sums up the pontificate in a way

That would be an excellent photo to have a caption contest with!
(10-19-2015, 03:56 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]I just randomly came across this image... kind of sums up the pontificate in a way

this is a  short music video i posted some time ago.  It concludes with this image of the Pope. 

Is it true that he doesn't bless people in these "processions"? I don't know why, but when I heard this this little detail bothered me much.

EDIT: on a side note, the other day I was randomly listening to one of those Catholic Answers, and the guy (Karl Keating, if I'm not mistaken) and the host just laughed hysterically saying pope Francis was this brilliant, orthodox master mind that will hammer heretics. I mean, come on fellas, calm down, eh.

Fascinating how a thread about a book about Paul VI's papacy becomes a thread about Francis--and after only 3 posts, too!  Must have something to do with the word "disastrous", eh?
(10-20-2015, 12:23 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Fascinating how a thread about a book about Paul VI's papacy becomes a thread about Francis--and after only 3 posts, too!  Must have something to do with the word "disastrous", eh?

Hi J Michael,

It looks like that is just an excerpt and the book looks more like a history book.

"Phoenix from the Ashes is a comprehensive look at the state of the Catholic Church since the Second Vatican Council--one of a series of recurrent periods of moral and intellectual crisis to which it has succumbed in its history. A chapter on the Council describes in detail how Pope Paul VI diverted it by placing it under the exclusive control of European liberals. An equally close study is devoted to the liturgical "reform" entrusted by the same pope to a group of radicals whose work undermined the spiritual and devotional legacy of the faithful. The loss of orthodox teaching and the disorientation following upon these changes produced a grave crisis in both clergy and laity, but the movement of return to tradition visible today promises a revival of the full Catholic life of the Church. Catholic readers now have a complete and eminently accessible account of the last 50 years of momentous changes in the Church, right up to the pontificates of Benedict XVI and Francis I."
(10-20-2015, 12:53 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2015, 12:23 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Fascinating how a thread about a book about Paul VI's papacy becomes a thread about Francis--and after only 3 posts, too!  Must have something to do with the word "disastrous", eh?

Hi J Michael,

It looks like that is just an excerpt and the book looks more like a history book.

"Phoenix from the Ashes is a comprehensive look at the state of the Catholic Church since the Second Vatican Council--one of a series of recurrent periods of moral and intellectual crisis to which it has succumbed in its history. A chapter on the Council describes in detail how Pope Paul VI diverted it by placing it under the exclusive control of European liberals. An equally close study is devoted to the liturgical "reform" entrusted by the same pope to a group of radicals whose work undermined the spiritual and devotional legacy of the faithful. The loss of orthodox teaching and the disorientation following upon these changes produced a grave crisis in both clergy and laity, but the movement of return to tradition visible today promises a revival of the full Catholic life of the Church. Catholic readers now have a complete and eminently accessible account of the last 50 years of momentous changes in the Church, right up to the pontificates of Benedict XVI and Francis I."

I was commenting more on the content of the thread than the content of the book.  But, thanks for that all the same. :) :)
Pages: 1 2