FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: (CAUTION: This one comes straight from the No Neo-Catholic Spin Zone)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Michael J. Matt and Dr. John Rao (Oxford Ph.D.) in Rome discuss the close of the Synod on the Family and the mainstream media spin that this was a victory for orthodoxy. Puh-leeze!

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.ph...we-know-it
I just watched this. Love Dr. Rao! This is one of the best videos on the synod so far. Total no-nonsense!
This papacy could finally be the one where this neocatholic nonsense finally stops or is relegated to utter insignificance. I sure hope we don't lose this opportunity.
The final document (which doesn't even has doctrinal authority) is not the worse possible thing considering some primates talked even about polygamy and women ordination. But it's simply not Catholic! Just read Casti connubii (btw, people, just read it even to know Catholic doctrine--its not a JPII massive encyclical, its quite readable) and compare the two.
We don't have to swallow this Little Pony sentimental thing!
The Remnant is top notch.
I too love Dr. Rao! Have you read his book Black Legends? The man is kind of all over the place with his thinking sometimes but he's deep and insightful. He gets the dangers of pluralism probably better than any other modern Catholic writer trad or otherwise. I tell you discovering him, the late Dr. Marra and all the other characters from the Roman Forum and the Keep the Faith site were godsends to me at a time when I needed it. I'm definitely more Eastern in a lot of ways but guys like Dr. Rao can make Western Catholiic history and thought come alive in exciting ways. I'll have to check this out.
Good stuff.

Should offend some of the "let's just be nice" addicts around here.
A straight-talking Oxford graduate who calls conservatives what they are: "Neo-Catholics." They are the enablers. Fr. Malachi Martin also complained about them in the 90s.
Wouldn't it be great if we had a pope who talked like that?
(10-26-2015, 09:14 PM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]A straight-talking Oxford graduate who calls conservatives what they are: "Neo-Catholics." They are the enablers. Fr. Malachi Martin also complained about them in the 90s.

Ah, don't forget Voris who never met a heretical pope he didn't like.