FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: For the Record: Society of St. Pius X's Superior-General's "Declaration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the Record: Society of St. Pius X's Superior-General's "Declaration Concerning the Final Report of the Synod on the Family"

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2015/10....html#more
As I posted in the other subforum, I have been impressed with how this and the other letter were written, free from polemical rhetoric--especially at a time when such heated rhetoric is abounding elsewhere in the Church.
It was  the way all pre-Vatican 2 teaching was presented.
(10-29-2015, 07:32 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]It was  the way all pre-Vatican 2 teaching was presented.

Well I wouldn't say "all," but anyway, that wasn't my point.  I was mostly comparing it in my mind with previous expressions from the SSPX leadership and theologians.  These recent things have been written in a manner worthy of loyal sons of the Church expressing sincere concerns, constructive criticism, and encouragement, rather than exaggerated rhetoric and condemnations which lend themselves to accusations of schism.
Just to add to my post above, this is especially heartening when that kind of good approach and attitude is lacking elsewhere in the Church.
shouldn't this be in a different subfora?