FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: We officially have a heretical pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(11-11-2015, 07:59 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015, 06:08 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015, 12:34 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: [ -> ]This is the only forum of Catholics I know where most people don't like the pope.

I personally like Francis a lot as a person but I don't like him as a Pope. He seems less of a leader more like a motivational speaker. Had the situation been different things might have played out better, but in the present crisis of the church he does very little to help the overall situation of the church. He focuses mainly on the humanitarian and ecological when what he really needs to focus on is the fact that most Catholics today are not very Catholic anymore.

I think I'd like Francis as a person too. I don't think he would like me, though  :grin:

Personally I don't like him and find him boorish and a bully to those he doesn't agree with.
(11-12-2015, 11:04 AM)demoslider Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015, 07:59 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015, 06:08 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015, 12:34 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: [ -> ]This is the only forum of Catholics I know where most people don't like the pope.

I personally like Francis a lot as a person but I don't like him as a Pope. He seems less of a leader more like a motivational speaker. Had the situation been different things might have played out better, but in the present crisis of the church he does very little to help the overall situation of the church. He focuses mainly on the humanitarian and ecological when what he really needs to focus on is the fact that most Catholics today are not very Catholic anymore.

I think I'd like Francis as a person too. I don't think he would like me, though  :grin:

Personally I don't like him and find him boorish and a bully to those he doesn't agree with.

In my experience with people in authority I'd say you don't get to the top by being a nice person. To be the leader of a church, a cult,a corporation or any organization requires a ruthlessness that is Machiavellian to the core. Jorge Marie Bergoglio can put beach balls on altars and play the jokester with a clown nose but he didn't get where he is today by being nice. He's  probably as narcisstitic and sociopathic as most men are who make it to the top.
^ In reference to this, most people with charismatic personalities, the ones who everyone thinks are "so nice and thoughtful," turn out to be narcissists in private. It's an ugly truth, but one that seems to be universally true. Perhaps only saints can be both charismatic and truly humble.

If I were in the dating pool, I'd almost prefer to be with someone is on the socially awkward side than someone who is loved by everyone. The socially awkward ones tend to be affectionate and devoted in their close personal relationships.
(11-11-2015, 12:35 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2015, 09:18 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Pope Francis says Catholics must be open to change

Quote:Christian doctrine, he added, “is not a closed system incapable of generating questions, doubts, queries, but it’s alive, and able to unsettle, animate.” Doctrine, Francis said, “has a face that isn’t rigid, a body that moves and develops, it has tender flesh: that of Jesus Christ.”

http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2015/11/10...3Afacebook

This is most disconcerting.  What now??

Remember, Jesus promised us that the gates of Hell will not prevail. You should only take this in the context in which while the truths of the Faith are unchanging, the Church has to be open to all avenues of evangelization, to bring the Gospel to all the people.

When was the Church not open to all avenues of evangelization, as if the Church could err? Its human members can but the Church herself could not.
subscribing
Pages: 1 2 3 4