FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: We officially have a heretical pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Pope Francis says Catholics must be open to change

Quote:Christian doctrine, he added, “is not a closed system incapable of generating questions, doubts, queries, but it’s alive, and able to unsettle, animate.” Doctrine, Francis said, “has a face that isn’t rigid, a body that moves and develops, it has tender flesh: that of Jesus Christ.”

http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2015/11/10...3Afacebook

This is most disconcerting.  What now??
It won't work anyway and when he's finished more of the Novus Ordo will collapse. The Popes  have done more for the sede-vacantist's with there antics than the sede's could ever do themselves.
The Holy Father's remarks were spoken in the course of a much longer speech in the Italian language. Learned Catholics have repeatedly assured me that it is nearly impossible to translate the Italian language into English, for reasons too numerous to list, so we should give the Holy Father the benefit of the doubt, at least until an official translation is prepared and presented in a context that is unquestionably ex cathedra.
(11-10-2015, 09:36 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Father's remarks were spoken in the course of a much longer speech in the Italian language. Learned Catholics have repeatedly assured me that it is nearly impossible to translate the Italian language into English, for reasons too numerous to list, so we should give the Holy Father the benefit of the doubt, at least until an official translation is prepared and presented in a context that is unquestionably ex cathedra.

Not sure how we can blame this one on translation.  It's pretty cut and dry.
How is this more of an official declaration of heresy than every other speech the pope made? Its not the first time he wraps himself around some modernism (as condemned by the Church and by nature opposed to the IMMUTABLE God).

By the way, don't let your emotions get the best if you. I know first hand it leads nowhere.
(11-10-2015, 09:44 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]How is this more of an official declaration of heresy than every other speech the pope made? Its not the first time he wraps himself around some modernism (as condemned by the Church and by nature opposed to the IMMUTABLE God).

By the way, don't let your emotions get the best if you. I know first hand it leads nowhere.

Well, if this keeps on, we might very well have a schism on our hands.
None of what he said here makes him a heretic. Clueless, yes.

I just find it such a waste of time to go on and on whining about people who are in the Church, doing their best, and so on. Why all the whining and criticism?

I just hear a lot of vague "These people are bad because they are always judging others." These people over here are evil because they are harsh with others." "This bunch over here are useless because all they do it criticize others . . . "

Am I the only one that finds this uniquely hypocritical?
Who is doing any good? The poor, the suffering, by fact of their poverty and suffering. Almost as if poverty and suffering were in and of themselves somehow special meritorious states that deliver salvation. Oops that would be Pelagianism.

Or that they were special unique states that deliver some "special wisdom." Sorry, that would be Gnosticism.
Wake me up when someone else gets elected. I just don't understand him.
I doubt very much we will have a schism. I think, however, the rumor of his having had a brain tumor and brain surgery will return, and will not go away. I think we have a mad pope. A mad pope can't cause a schism. A sort of clinical indifference maybe.
Nooo, I'm not going sede.... Just trying to find some sort of a coping stragetgy.

I agree with maldon. I'm not seeing any heresy here. Weird, pointless finger-pointing with just enough plausible deniability to pass. A distinct lack of interest in defining any kind of terms. A major misunderstanding of Pelagianism (which he seems, oddly, to equate with traditional Catholicism. Which most anti-trads call Jansenism. So which is it? Do we deny free will or overly embrace free will?) 

But not outright heresy. It may well be that things will go badly on a temporal level, but thus far the church appears to still be the church.
Pages: 1 2 3 4