FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rome makes new offer to SSPX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"The Holy See has made a new proposal to the Society of St. Pius X. Specifically, it relates to the status of the SSPX. The Fraternity is not canonically recognized and therefore for decades has been in a state of suspension, which leads to different interpretations among canon lawyers and bishops as to whether it is part of the Catholic Church or not.

A sedevacantist website of the United States claimed that an agreement between the SSPX which was founded by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and Rome was imminent. This was denied to gloria.tv by Father Franz Schmidberger, Rector of the International Seminary of the SSPX in Zaitzkofen in Bavaria.

Father Schmidberger confirmed the proposal, but denies agreement

Father Schmidberger, who was already Superior General of the Priestly Society and German District Superior, however, confirmed that there is a concrete proposal which Rome has submitted to the SSPX. However, there is still much to clarify according to Schmidberger.

The existence of a Roman proposal had been confirmed by the Swiss District Superior of the Brotherhood to their priests, according to Secretum Meum Mihi.

This message was posted by those circles who are close to priests which left the SSPX in 2012 SSPX or have been excluded from this. The reason for this was briefly, was that there was no conflict over the conditions under which a canonical regulation by Rome could be accepted, but a fundamental rejection of any agreement with Rome by a minority in the SSPX."

http://cathcon.blogspot.com/2015/11/rome...l?spref=tw

C.
This sounds like good news, especially when we think about the Holy Father extending special provisions for the SSPX during the Year of Mercy!
Let us pray that this comes to pass.
:pray: :pray: :pray:
This would be great news! I know of many people (I was once one of them!) who agree with basically everything the SSPX preaches, but still avoid the Society because of the belief that the Society is in schism. A formal agreement would, I think, bring many of these people to Society Masses. 
Great news. Having SSPX designated as officially part of the V2 circus -- instead of, as now, just in spirit -- would finally draw a clear line in trad circles.

Don't let the Holy Door hit you on your way in!
Well, don't we live in interesting times? I find myself worrying that if the SSPX sign some agreement it will be snuffed out by the sinister forces contra-TLM. It will take years and years of negotiation with a given bishop to gain some part-time presence in some tiny chapel on some bad neighborhood, like the other ecclesia dei groups (weekly good TLMs in great, historical basilicas are sheer luck, or rather, sheer grace from God, but they are not the norm). And if they are of pontifical right, well, pope Francis (we have the FFI precedent).

The ecclesia dei groups and the SSPX and even the Summorum Pontificum are only lifelines. They might be the greatest thing, together with Eastern (unreformed) rite churches, keeping the Church of Christ alive (heck, one day they might be the only thing, but I doubt). But ultimately something far bigger must happen (and at the end of the day, how many of us think the only possible solution is the Second Coming? That's how bad things are).
(11-20-2015, 08:16 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]It will take years and years of negotiation with a given bishop to gain some part-time presence in some tiny chapel on some bad neighborhood, like the other ecclesia dei groups

This always drives me crazy. Every time I go on vacation, I always seek out a TLM if it's within a 30 minute drive. Quite often I do they're really not in good areas. I feel like I'm going into the ghetto just to go to Mass.
(11-20-2015, 10:54 AM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2015, 08:16 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]It will take years and years of negotiation with a given bishop to gain some part-time presence in some tiny chapel on some bad neighborhood, like the other ecclesia dei groups

This always drives me crazy. Every time I go on vacation, I always seek out a TLM if it's within a 30 minute drive. Quite often I do they're really not in good areas. I feel like I'm going into the ghetto just to go to Mass.

the blacks just look at you like "what he be doing up da hood" and i pray that god will protect me (his true aryan child) from those people.

Thanks, Cetil. Very good news. I've been praying Rosaries for this for years. Can't imagine SSPX will sign a bad deal at this point. If they sign it will be on far better terms now than under Francis than BXVI. So not worried on this point

I feel it will be deeply healing - health-giving - for both the Church as a whole and the SSPX. Praying ...
(11-20-2015, 04:06 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]If they sign it will be on far better terms now than under Francis than BXVI.

I'm intrigued by this statement. Can you expand on that a bit?
Pages: 1 2 3