FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why are these people disapearring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why are all these people disapearring? Does anyone know about this?

David Paulides is a reporter on missing people who disappear primarely in national parks. So many people who all die under the exact same circumstances that to my mind, seem unnatural, maybe even preternatural, and with no explanation. . People disapearing 99% found dead, most of whom were  brilliant young men of German descent.  Poof, they be gone. Crazy!   

Very creepy! I wonder if there's anything to all this...

Coast2Coast is fun, isn't it? They'll have serious, interesting guests interspersed with folks I'll charitably refer to as really "good storytellers" LOL  But either way, it can be for some fun and/or interesting radio. I miss ole Art Bell. What a great radio voice he had...

Yes, Coast to Coast is fun. I try not to listen to the pyschic guys, though, cause that's just a little too creepy for me. Like who is telling them these things?

My favorites are the old Art Bell with Malachai Martin. They were the best!
That was a profoundly eerie and disturbing listen! Maybe there's a reason there's something about the immensity of a deep dark forest or national park that gives me the creeps. I don't mind a short hike every now and than in a few places on the edge of town here,but I think after this I might stay away for awhile. It's just eerie that these people just vanish.

This reporter seems pretty agnostic about the whole thing which makes him seem more credible. He's not automatically talking about ghosts, demons or aliens,yet he's open to those things.

One thing that struck me was that comment by the trucker that called in where he mentioned places that just have a bad vibe. I am certainly not a psychic but I've been in places like that even in the woods,places that make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end for no reason, or that make me feel desolate or ill at ease. Around here it's Ocala National Forest. The whole place has an aura of evil and desolation around it that I can't explain. I don't like to even have to drive through it or be near it. It's just...creepy. It's crazy because other places don't make me feel that way at all.
(11-30-2015, 09:11 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]That was a profoundly eerie and disturbing listen! Maybe there's a reason there's something about the immensity of a deep dark forest or national park that gives me the creeps. I don't mind a short hike every now and than in a few places on the edge of town here,but I think after this I might stay away for awhile. It's just eerie that these people just vanish.

This reporter seems pretty agnostic about the whole thing which makes him seem more credible. He's not automatically talking about ghosts, demons or aliens,yet he's open to those things.

One thing that struck me was that comment by the trucker that called in where he mentioned places that just have a bad vibe. I am certainly not a psychic but I've been in places like that even in the woods,places that make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end for no reason, or that make me feel desolate or ill at ease. Around here it's Ocala National Forest. The whole place has an aura of evil and desolation around it that I can't explain. I don't like to even have to drive through it or be near it. It's just...creepy. It's crazy because other places don't make me feel that way at all.

Well, the forest is perhaps the only place where the old mysteries of nature still live. It is not only something older than us but its something out of our control, and still out of our reasoning (so its fundamentally different from the category of the garden) so that there's not even the possibility of control.

My grandparents have a house in the woods that I used to go when I was a boy and a young man. I loved it for various reasons: when a child I liked to play and wander, when a bit older it was peaceful place. But it was certainly, especially at night and in the winter, just too creepy. I never thought it was evil, though. Anyway, we always had ways of putting out that crushing mystery, like lightening up the fireplace and avoiding sleeping—basically it was a miniature of what society does.

(11-30-2015, 06:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Coast to Coast is fun. I try not to listen to the pyschic guys, though, cause that's just a little too creepy for me. Like who is telling them these things?

Given how mediumship and divination is forbidden for Christians, I'm guessing that there is demonic activity giving them this information.

I'll check that video out sometime soon!
I'm over half an hour in and this is creepy. I'm having sweet dreams tonight.  LOL
(11-30-2015, 11:28 PM)Share Love Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2015, 06:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Coast to Coast is fun. I try not to listen to the pyschic guys, though, cause that's just a little too creepy for me. Like who is telling them these things?

Given how mediumship and divination is forbidden for Christians, I'm guessing that there is demonic activity giving them this information.

Some of our greatest Saints were psychics. There's a difference between divination -- trying to foretell the future  (as opposed to having it revealed to you unbidden, as it was to various prophets) and mediumship (acting as a channel for spirits to communicate through) on the one hand, and clairvoyance, ESP, etc., on the other. That last sort of thing just seems to exist, and is maybe, at least sometimes, a purely natural phenomenon that works by some mechanism we don't know, and/or is a gift from God. It's also true that demons can mimic that sort of thing by giving the possessed knowledge they otherwise couldn't have (such as knowledge of the sins of others, the ability to speak foreign languages, etc.)
(12-01-2015, 01:54 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2015, 11:28 PM)Share Love Wrote: [ -> ]

Some of our greatest Saints were psychics. There's a difference between divination -- trying to foretell the future  (as opposed to having it revealed to you unbidden, as it was to various prophets) and mediumship (acting as a channel for spirits to communicate through) on the one hand, and clairvoyance, ESP, etc., on the other. That last sort of thing just seems to exist, and is maybe, at least sometimes, a purely natural phenomenon that works by some mechanism we don't know, and/or is a gift from God. It's also true that demons can mimic that sort of thing by giving the possessed knowledge they otherwise couldn't have (such as knowledge of the sins of others, the ability to speak foreign languages, etc.)

I guess I just don't think of the term "psychic" when I think of Saints such as St. Teresa of Avila, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Padre Pio and others. "Mystic," yes. The term "psychic" just reminds me of New Age, "I feel a female presence attached to the name C...it's a Cathy, or a Catherine, or a Cassie" sort of "psychics".

I remember reading a story about a nun who bargained with the devil so she would have these gifts which looked profoundly spiritual to others, but were not from God. At the end of the day, you just have to very carefully discern with these sorts of things.
(12-01-2015, 02:07 AM)Share Love Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I just don't think of the term "psychic" when I think of Saints such as St. Teresa of Avila, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Padre Pio and others. "Mystic," yes. The term "psychic" just reminds me of New Age, "I feel a female presence attached to the name C...it's a Cathy, or a Catherine, or a Cassie" sort of "psychics".

I remember reading a story about a nun who bargained with the devil so she would have these gifts which looked profoundly spiritual to others, but were not from God. At the end of the day, you just have to very carefully discern with these sorts of things.

One definitely has to discern the spirits, but "psychic" means "relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance." And that fits the definition of the gifts given to many Saints (e.g., Padre Pio could read souls, for ex.). Plus, there are plenty of people who aren't "professional psychics" (most of whom likely being bogus) but who have had psychic experiences (or at least they seemingly have). People who didn't board the Titanic or take a certain plane that ended up crashing because they were warned not to in a dream or suddenly felt an insistent "tugging" telling them not to, people who, for ex., wake up suddenly at 2:12AM knowing their theretofore healthy Mother has just died and who get the call a few minutes later -- that sort of thing happens all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3