FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: True or False Pope?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks  like  a very interesting read. Smile  Seems to me something like this has been needed for a long time.

http://www.trueorfalsepope.com/

Edited by Vox to remove ALL CAPS from subject line. Come on, guys! No ALL CAPS in subject lines, OK?

Interesting, I'll look into this. Thanks for posting this, Qoheleth. Smile
(11-30-2015, 09:40 PM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]Looks  like  a very interesting read. Smile  Seems to me something like this has been needed for a long time.

http://www.trueorfalsepope.com/

Edited by Vox to remove ALL CAPS from subject line. Come on, guys! No ALL CAPS in subject lines, OK?

Looks like it will be good indeed!
Father Cekada can't wait LOL
(12-01-2015, 08:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Father Cekada can't wait LOL

LOL

I doubt it would change his views.
(12-01-2015, 08:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Father Cekada can't wait LOL

Yes, Cekada and his fanboys who, with a sede's obstinacy, claims there is simply no answer actually given or possible to this error (sans, of course, all the answers given).

It's striking to me how the situation within the Roman Catholic Church is so chaotic some lawyer felt the need to write a 700 page book attempting to prove that the modern popes--- despite nearly a half century of ridiculous words, actions and policy decisions--- have not lost their office.

(12-01-2015, 10:20 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]It's striking to me how the situation within the Roman Catholic Church is so chaotic some lawyer felt the need to write a 700 page book attempting to prove that the modern popes--- despite nearly a half century of ridiculous words, actions and policy decisions--- have not lost their office.

Oh, so when you dismiss sedes it means you don't have an argument. When you present arguments, its a waste of time.
That's great logic, buddy.
(12-01-2015, 10:24 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2015, 10:20 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]It's striking to me how the situation within the Roman Catholic Church is so chaotic some lawyer felt the need to write a 700 page book attempting to prove that the modern popes--- despite nearly a half century of ridiculous words, actions and policy decisions--- have not lost their office.

Oh, so when you dismiss sedes it means you don't have an argument. When you present arguments, its a waste of time.

I'm not invested in either sedevacantism or the various recognize and resist argument personally , I'm just saying its kind of a commentary on the state of the Church today to see a book so large trying to refute sedevacantism. The fact that there are even serious arguments either way is a big deal.

And Father Cekada and others associated with him have attempted to answer the claims of the Remnant and CFN crowd many times before. 

I would agree with you though, the anti Sedes really ought to have some sort of coherent argument other than appeals to Matthew 16 or sheer dismissal. Thus far sedvacantism is far more robust of a position than recognize and resist as far as I have been able to tell, so if this book can actually come up with a coherent argument that's actually strong against sedevacantism and somehow supports the difficult to justify recognize and resist position it'd be interesting to say the least. Thus far the Sedes have done a better job of things in my own estimation.

(12-02-2015, 06:26 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2015, 10:24 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not invested in either sedevacantism or the various recognize and resist argument personally , I'm just saying its kind of a commentary on the state of the Church today to see a book so large trying to refute sedevacantism. The fact that there are even serious arguments either way is a big deal.

And Father Cekada and others associated with him have attempted to answer the claims of the Remnant and CFN crowd many times before. 

I would agree with you though, the anti Sedes really ought to have some sort of coherent argument other than appeals to Matthew 16 or sheer dismissal. Thus far sedvacantism is far more robust of a position than recognize and resist as far as I have been able to tell, so if this book can actually come up with a coherent argument that's actually strong against sedevacantism and somehow supports the difficult to justify recognize and resist position it'd be interesting to say the least. Thus far the Sedes have done a better job of things in my own estimation.

A honest man would join their side if they thought their arguments were better. In any case, I've read the arguments and the sedes still lose so, you know, to quote someone who reminds our current Pope

[Image: 14789132.jpg]