FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Was Archbishop Annibale Bugnini a Freemason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Michael Davies has famously asserted that he was based on credible sources.  He argues that Pope Paul VI was deeply disturbed by the revelation and sent Archbishop Bugnini to Iran in disgrace.  I am currently working my way through H.J.A. Sire's new book "Phoenix From the Ashes: The Making, Unmaking, and Restoration of Catholic Tradition", and he echoes Davies' claim that Bugnini was most likely a Freemason, along with many other high ranking Vatican prelates including Cardinal Villot.  Years ago in my Novus Ordo days, I would have dismissed this as "traditionalist propaganda" but it keeps popping up and the evidence seems to favor that there were (and still are) Freemasons in the Catholic hierarchy, and that they played an integral role in the composition of the Novus Ordo Mass.  So what is the consensus here?  Was Archbishop Bugnini a Freemason?  If so, what implications does this have?
(12-01-2015, 11:28 AM)Christus_Vincit Wrote: [ -> ]Michael Davies has famously asserted that he was based on credible sources.  He argues that Pope Paul VI was deeply disturbed by the revelation and sent Archbishop Bugnini to Iran in disgrace.  I am currently working my way through H.J.A. Sire's new book "Phoenix From the Ashes: The Making, Unmaking, and Restoration of Catholic Tradition", and he echoes Davies' claim that Bugnini was most likely a Freemason, along with many other high ranking Vatican prelates including Cardinal Villot.  Years ago in my Novus Ordo days, I would have dismissed this as "traditionalist propaganda" but it keeps popping up and the evidence seems to favor that there were (and still are) Freemasons in the Catholic hierarchy, and that they played an integral role in the composition of the Novus Ordo Mass.  So what is the consensus here?  Was Archbishop Bugnini a Freemason?  If so, what implications does this have?

Archbishop Bugnini a Freemason?

I can't comment on that individual, but to say that there are Freemason clerics in our church is like saying that an old building may have roaches.

To me there is no doubt our Church is heavily and deeply affected and even the K of C is quite well infiltrated. These are not obviously Freemasons, their MO is to be stealthy and do their dirty work in secret...as secret societies operate, bringing in others as well. They bring about nefarious activities, meant to undermine the fabric and structure of a target, so as to discredit and weaken it so much as to make the structure fall.

This is the 'smoke of Satan' and we 'The Citadel' have been invaded.
Even if he was a Freemason what would it matter in the larger scheme of things? The tinkering he did to the liturgy has become the norm of global Roman Catholic liturgical praxis. The damage is done whether he was a Freemason or not.
(12-01-2015, 01:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Even if he was a Freemason what would it matter in the larger scheme of things? The tinkering he did to the liturgy has become the norm of global Roman Catholic liturgical praxis. The damage is done whether he was a Freemason or not.
This is why it matters in the larger scheme of things:

http://freemasonrywatch.org/alta_vendita.html

The damage is ongoing.
Yes he was a FReemason and his destruction of the Mass began in the 1950s not when the Novus Ordo was invented. His Mom's tomb has a masonic sign on it. When Pope Paul VI found out he was a Freemason he exiled him as nuncio to Iraq where he died.