FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Homosexual food blogger pens open letter to parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For not attending his "wedding." Yikes. Be prepared on what you're about to read. The comment box, as usual, is a wasteland.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/11/30/ga...t-24865181

Which leads me to this question.

How does one refuse to attend a same-sex "wedding', especially if one is related to the person getting "married"? Should one attend out of respect in order to "keep the peace"?
(12-01-2015, 07:08 PM)GRA Wrote: [ -> ]For not attending his "wedding." Yikes. Be prepared on what you're about to read. The comment box, as usual, is a wasteland.

How does one refuse to attend a same-sex "wedding', especially if one is related to the person getting "married"? Should one attend out of respect in order to "keep the peace"?

You refuse by saying you're not able to go. Leave it at that, unless they pry. If they want to know why, then tell them charitably and as gently as possible why you can't go. The only peace worth keeping is the peace which comes from loving and obeying God.
Why does he say he feared writing a letter and then writes a public letter? Also, a bit ironic that he claims to write a letter for the purpose of telling his side of the story, but in doing so everybody in the whole world except his parents know only his side of the story.

We all have family problems. Writing public letters is not the way to resolve them. Heck, its not even decent!

Frankly, I wouldn't be bothered going to a gay wedding. Likewise I couldn't care less if people don't come to my Catholic wedding, which would be a real wedding anyway.

The comments, though crude, are really not in favor of this Patrick fella. I suppose people are tired of these shenanigans. (of course, there's the typical, proverbial "Ann"s wondering which is worse: conservative Christian or ISIS. Hm, here's a suggestion, Ms. Ann: go spend some time with both and compare, which is worse).

(12-01-2015, 07:08 PM)GRA Wrote: [ -> ]For not attending his "wedding." Yikes. Be prepared on what you're about to read. The comment box, as usual, is a wasteland.

What a petulant little punk. The drama, the self-centered tone, the childish demands. "I didn't get my way, so I left the family, and now I blame my parents." Disgusting.
Methinks he should go back to blogging about food.
(12-01-2015, 07:08 PM)GRA Wrote: [ -> ]Which leads me to this question.

I don't think one should attend. I wouldn't. I'd wish them health and peace, say a prayer for them, be friendly to them, refrain from making assumptions, and might even send a housewarming present instead of a wedding present a few weeks afterward, but I wouldn't attend their "wedding."
I wouldn't attend a gay "wedding" either, especially if the two partners are "Christians." The whole even is a mockery of God, the moral order, and the concept of a rightly ordered society.
(12-02-2015, 12:23 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think one should attend. I wouldn't. I'd wish them health and peace, say a prayer for them, be friendly to them, refrain from making assumptions, and might even send a housewarming present instead of a wedding present a few weeks afterward, but I wouldn't attend their "wedding."

I'm onboard up to the housewarming gift.  It would be all too easy for something like that to become a defacto wedding gift, plus giving the impression that romantic cohabitation is ok.

(NOT saying that you would mean to give that impression, just that it could easily be taken that way)