FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: U.S. Bishop: Christianity "Running on Fumes"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Us layman cannot wait on our leaders though. We must live our faith the best we can wherever we find ourselves. I still think the best bet is a grassroots,from the ground up rebuilding of the Church. The leaders are unbelievably out of touch, so much so that they actually spent perhaps billions of dollars globally to destroy our patrimony and foist a ridiculous secularized style of whitewashed Catholicism upon us, and after decades of this madness they are still lauding this wreckovation as a massive success and a " second spring". They are delusional bureaucrats in clerical garb.

We have to start with ourselves and start where we are. All of our patrimony is ours for the taking, and no priest, bishop,pope or Vatican bureaucrat is able to take it away from you unless you let them.  The Faith is meant to help us order our lives and be a source of grace. Let's use everything at our disposal even if we have to meet in secret or go it alone.

One thing we have to be aware of is that the future of the Church might look very different than the past,especially in terms of organization, parish structure etc. Really, check out the RadTrads post and see what you think. It's interesting....

http://theradtrad.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01...ation.html
I believe Qoh.

Whatever caused this disaster was in place before the NOM was created. It was in place before VII. There would be no "Spirit of VII" unless there was some "spirit" that worked before, in, and through VII, and has been at work ever since.

This "spirit" is Modernism, as Qoh said.

As far as I am concerned, Modernism itself is much older than St. Pius X, or any of the great popes of the modern world that condemned it. For me, it began at the very end of the High Middle Ages, and early Renaissance. That's where it began, for me. And where we are is somewhere at the end of that long trajectory. It cannot have much longer to live, I think, for it results in suicide: Church suicide and cultural suicide. We are seeing the Church part all right. The cultural part we have been seeing in the demographic death of Europe and will now see it accelerate with the waves of migrants.
How it will end is anyone's guess as to the details, but as to essentials, it will be as it has always been: smaller, chastened Church. And as for the world, well, it will go on being the world. Most likely parallel would be somewhere between 476 A.D. and 800 A.D. So, get a good look at all those nice buildings in Europe while we can.
I found an article written by a priest in which he directly admits to taking the Oath Against Modernism insincerely (perjuriously). He is retired, but on a six-month assignment at a parish in my town.
(01-31-2016, 05:19 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]I found an article written by a priest in which he directly admits to taking the Oath Against Modernism insincerely (perjuriously). He is retired, but on a six-month assignment at a parish in my town.

Honor, honesty or simply avoiding a rather avoidable (taking an oath falsely) mortal sin means to modernists. Its really sickening. The laity should literally force a guy like this out of church building. Really, most of these guys become like jelly when one doesn't fall for "your honor" false respect and gives them a good yelling.
Here's an article about what I'd referenced earlier. This threa makes me think, sadly, of a much leaner Church, yet eagerly, about a more devout and pious one. I know I've seen more of Pope Benedict XVI's comments about this elsewhere, but this is the gist of it.

http://www.lastampa.it/2013/02/18/vatica...agina.html

Pages: 1 2