FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Medjugorje
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's the deal with this? Iv heard it is demonic and not from God?

Can anyone enlightenment me on it, thanks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-13-2016, 01:38 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal with this? Iv heard it is demonic and not from God?

Can anyone enlightenment me on it, thanks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Church studied it and hasn't said anything yet.

I go with Michael Davies on this one

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/medjugorje.htm
E. Michael Jones has done some pretty exhaustive stuff on this phenomenon too. At any rate it's best not to go chasing apparitions anyway.  Our Faith itself is majestic enough to stand on its own without recourse to visions, bleeding statues, myrrh weeping icons or apocalyptic warnings from the Theotokos. Of course to each his own... If you're going to be into an apparition why not one that's official?

My favorite, and the most compelling of all as far as I can see is Guadalupe. That Tilma is amazing. Another mysterious few are Pontmain or La Banneux. Nothing beats Guadalupe though. There's actual physical evidence of it.
I tend to stay away from unapproved apparitions unless they are just the smaller, more general ones. I do like Our Lady of Guadalupe. I find Our Lady of Fatima to be quite interesting given the miracle of the sun but I don't put too much stress on the whole "consecrate Russia or else" thing, I mean Francis certainly won't do it so why worry?

My advice is to take things like Medjugorje with a lot of salt, don't base your faith on apparitions, let the apparitions be based on your faith.
In these apparations, there are much heresies. Things that Our Lady never gonna said. Our Lady never gonna said that are religions are praised to God.
I also try to avoid placing faith in unapproved apparitions. Will Medjugorje ever be approved? I have no idea. But I'm not the smartest person in the world, nor am I a priest or theologian. So I figure if some pretty intelligent people who study this sort of thing for a living haven't approved it after 30+ years, there's probably a reason to be skeptical.

I'll steer clear of it for now.
Curiously enough, I listened to this homily today from romans10seventeen. org:

http://www.romans10seventeen.org/audio-f...-Error.mp3

The priest relays a few damning things about Medjugorje--all within the greater context of what to expect/how to live in the end times.

For those who listen to it, this is the second part of a two-week homily series. Of course, don't forget to pray, as penance, for the priest.
What formerbuddhist said, I've heard E. Michael Jones debunk Medjugorje in person and have read his book on it, and the church HAS decided in its normal way on these things: the bishop decides and he said no.
The Papal Nuncio to the U.S. on behalf of the prefect of the CDF Archbishop Müller has issued instructions that no cleric or faithful may participate in any meetings, conferences, or public celebrations in which the authenticity of the apparitions are taken for granted.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/pat-archb...z40H6I6ay4
I think Medjugorje can be debunked by itself. At some point Gospa told the children to come to her on so and so date, and that they can skip school. Only that this date was a Sunday, so there was no school in the first place.
Pages: 1 2