FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy water in a spray bottle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The subject header pretty much states my question. I just wonder if it's ok to put holy water in a spray bottle. I can obtain one of these much cheaper than any other container and it's much easier to actually use from a spray bottle...just curious.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I don't see why not, as long as its used reverently and not mistaken for normal water.
I've heard some trad priests use it this way--on their beds, in private, of course.
LOL As long as you don't use it to train the cat to keep off the furniture...

(although with some cats, that might be the only way you're going to have some success...)
(02-22-2016, 12:07 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you don't use it to train the cat to keep off the furniture...

(although with some cats, that might be the only way you're going to have some success...)

(02-21-2016, 08:58 PM)jazzbone1031 Wrote: [ -> ]The subject header pretty much states my question. I just wonder if it's ok to put holy water in a spray bottle. I can obtain one of these much cheaper than any other container and it's much easier to actually use from a spray bottle...just curious.
The thought of this makes me giggle.  LOL I don't see why it would be an issue.
(02-22-2016, 01:31 PM)knish Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2016, 08:58 PM)jazzbone1031 Wrote: [ -> ]The subject header pretty much states my question. I just wonder if it's ok to put holy water in a spray bottle. I can obtain one of these much cheaper than any other container and it's much easier to actually use from a spray bottle...just curious.
The thought of this makes me giggle.  LOL I don't see why it would be an issue.

That was my reaction as well.

The problem is that I'd be tempted to spray my inlaws.  I'm sure it would burn them. LOL

You can do that but you should remember that Holy Water is a sacramental and not to be played with. 
After the cold weather is gone, spray bottle of holy water in the car for sure.

I like the bottles with the squirt nozzle type thing and keep one in my pocket with my Rosary at all times.

Sounds like you guys know where I'm going with the spray bottle thing. Not being disrespectful, just easier.

Pages: 1 2