FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rosary Confraternity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure if this is the right place but I recently joined the Rosary Confraternity. Are any of you guys Rosarians as well?

I dont mean to be a spammer but I highly reccomend that anyone who regularly prays the Rosary join this confraternity. Its very old, at least 500 years old and has been lauded by many Popes and saints, especially St. Louis de Montfort. All members are promised special protection of the Blessed Virgin in life and death, a share in the prayers and good works of all other Rosarians, a share in the prayers and masses and good works of the entire Dominican Order, and numerous plenary indulgences. All that is required is once enrolled you must try to pray 15 decades of the Rosary once weekly and this doesn't even bind under pain of sin.

What do you guys think?
I will strongly consider it. Thanks for sharing this.
Do you have a link for this? I would be interested.
http://rosaryconfraternity.org

I am a member, though being the terrible Catholic I am I have unfortunately fallen out of the habit, given my perpetual decline in free time and constant exhaustion.
My dad and I both joined quite a while ago.
I have been a member for years but for a long time I have not prayed the rosary.  I'm more a Breviary/Jesus Prayer kind of guy, usually finding it easy even working full time to pray Lauds through Compline from the Monastic Diurnal or First Hour through Ninth Hour from my Old Orthodox Prayerbook, and if I attend Mass I pray the Canon for Communion, but not so much the rosary.  I sometimes miss the rosary though, as its really a perfect compendium of prayers, almost a school of prayer in and of itself.

My girl and I used to pray the rosary together all the time but she lives in a different city now. She motivated me.

The beauty of the Confraternity is it is not something you lose membership in, it's for life. The moment you take up the rosary again you start getting the benefits.
I think I joined it at some point. Unfortunately, I tend to go on and off with my praying if the Rosary. I need to get better with it.
(03-26-2016, 07:28 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]I have been a member for years but for a long time I have not prayed the rosary.  I'm more a Breviary/Jesus Prayer kind of guy, usually finding it easy even working full time to pray Lauds through Compline from the Monastic Diurnal or First Hour through Ninth Hour from my Old Orthodox Prayerbook, and if I attend Mass I pray the Canon for Communion, but not so much the rosary.  I sometimes miss the rosary though, as its really a perfect compendium of prayers, almost a school of prayer in and of itself.

My girl and I used to pray the rosary together all the time but she lives in a different city now. She motivated me.

The beauty of the Confraternity is it is not something you lose membership in, it's for life. The moment you take up the rosary again you start getting the benefits.

I understand where you're coming from, I personally like the Roman Divine Office. However, I have been trying to gain a better appreciation for the Rosary.

Have you heard of the "Rule of the Theotokos"? Its an Eastern Orthodox prayer very similar to the Rosary said to have been given by the Virgin herself in the eighth century . Its basically the same except it uses the eastern version of the Angelic Salutation instead of the Hail Mary, it has less extra prayers, and the mysteries are different. I don't know how true the traditions are but it seems like it might interest you.
I'm a member. I pray the Rosary every day. During the week, I drive a distance to work, and pray it going to work, then.

(03-25-2016, 10:59 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is the right place but I recently joined the Rosary Confraternity. Are any of you guys Rosarians as well?

I dont mean to be a spammer but I highly reccomend that anyone who regularly prays the Rosary join this confraternity. Its very old, at least 500 years old and has been lauded by many Popes and saints, especially St. Louis de Montfort. All members are promised special protection of the Blessed Virgin in life and death, a share in the prayers and good works of all other Rosarians, a share in the prayers and masses and good works of the entire Dominican Order, and numerous plenary indulgences. All that is required is once enrolled you must try to pray 15 decades of the Rosary once weekly and this doesn't even bind under pain of sin.

What do you guys think?
(03-27-2016, 02:32 AM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2016, 07:28 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]I have been a member for years but for a long time I have not prayed the rosary.  I'm more a Breviary/Jesus Prayer kind of guy, usually finding it easy even working full time to pray Lauds through Compline from the Monastic Diurnal or First Hour through Ninth Hour from my Old Orthodox Prayerbook, and if I attend Mass I pray the Canon for Communion, but not so much the rosary.  I sometimes miss the rosary though, as its really a perfect compendium of prayers, almost a school of prayer in and of itself.

I understand where you're coming from, I personally like the Roman Divine Office. However, I have been trying to gain a better appreciation for the Rosary.

Have you heard of the "Rule of the Theotokos"? Its an Eastern Orthodox prayer very similar to the Rosary said to have been given by the Virgin herself in the eighth century . Its basically the same except it uses the eastern version of the Angelic Salutation instead of the Hail Mary, it has less extra prayers, and the mysteries are different. I don't know how true the traditions are but it seems like it might interest you.

In fact I have, and usually when I want to pray something different on my rope I pray the Eastern version of the Hail Mary, although admittedly it's less powerful in its words than the Western:

O Theotokos and Virgin Rejoice
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
For thou hast born Christ the Savior, the Deliverer of Our Souls

The Western is more a prayer asking for the intercession of the Theotokos, the Eastern version is not actually even asking anything of the Virgin at all, it's more just remembering her role in the Incarnation. Less powerul sentiments.

I will say however, that within the various Hours of the Old Orthodox Prayerbook, and within the Canons and Akathists there is a rich Marian piety.  In the Eastern tradition Marian piety is not seperate from the Liturgy or the Hours, it's skillfully woven into both so that there's almost always some prayer to the Virgin, or remembering the Virgin.

Pages: 1 2