FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Group Responds to Notre Dame's Proposed 'Honoring' of Joe Biden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got this by email. This is hideous! Notre Dame has really lost its direction, and like too many other so-called "Catholic Institutions", has once more acted like a secular school and not a Catholic one.

What are they thinking, if they are thinking at all? Their beginning to make Georgetown look good!

Quote:[Image: CATHOLIC_ACTION_LOGOREDCAPS-CROPPED.jpg?1431712279]

Cardinal Burke speaks on
Scandal at Notre Dame

Has the world gone crazy?

Sometimes I think it has. Do you?

And this is one of those times.

On May 15th, one of the foremost Catholic universities in America, Notre Dame, is set to award Vice-President Joseph Biden with the Laetare Medal. This award is given "in recognition for outstanding service to the Church and society."

There is, however, one very serious problem: Vice President Biden is adamantly pro-abortion and is publicly in favor of same-sex marriage. Both of these positions are directly contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church and to natural moral law.

For this reason, Bishop Kevin Rhoades, the local ordinary, has issued an official statement regarding this scandalous situation, reiterating the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church on this matter.

In a recent interview, His Eminence Raymond Cardinal Burke comments on this confusing and scandalous situation. He also commends Bishop Rhoades for standing up for the Truth!

I also invite you to send a message of support to Bishop Kevin Rhoades to encourage him in his fight against scandal and error.

May God bless you and all of your loved ones!

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Thomas J. McKenna
Founder and President
http://www.catholicaction.org/

Catholic Action For Faith And Family · PO Box 910308, San Diego, CA 92191-0308, United States
Crazy.

I think in 10 years they'll relabel as a "spirituality based communal safe zone learning environment"  and will bestow the same award on Abortion Barbie.
This seems to be the new normal, everything's backwards. I would imagine that they don't care about Biden's beliefs but about his label and position, whether he is serious about either of those things is another story.