FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: “Keep My Eyes on Jesus…”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com
Sometimes, do you find, that life isn’t so easy?

Between difficulties of daily life, spring fever (getting sick of the cold weather and gray skies), and whatever else comes, it can be easy enough to forget the joy of this Easter season we’re in the middle of celebrating.

Recently, when thinking about this, a wonderful realization came to mind.  We can get mopey and down when keeping our eyes on ourselves.

If I can change my focus, my attention, from myself to Jesus, I will be much better off.  Instead of dwelling on myself and my struggles, I need to look to Jesus and “keep my eyes on [Him].”

There is a song about Peter walking on the water which comes to mind.  The refrain is: “If I keep my eyes on Jesus, I can walk on water.”

This is very true; if only I can remember it!
Ironic that a group of Protestants came up with these lyrics:

Quote:Just like peter I want to go farther
tread on the sea and walk on the water
step where he steps and go where he goes
Protestantism is irony incarnate.
I didn't even know the religious affiliation of the singing group - the song was actually on a Catholic CD.
Most protestants are not "protestant," they never left the Catholic Church themselves, but were brought up in another faith tradition. 
(04-13-2016, 10:47 AM)osfhank Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even know the religious affiliation of the singing group - the song was actually on a Catholic CD.
Most protestants are not "protestant," they never left the Catholic Church themselves, but were brought up in another faith tradition.

Not that they are doing anything wrong by being protestant, assuming of course they were simply brought up in it or that's just what they happened to find when they found God, but it is ironic that protestants would make such Catholic-sounding lyrics, yet not be Catholic.  It's like protestants who read the scripture passages that most clearly defend Catholic teachings, yet fail to see how unmistakably Catholic they are.
The problem with protestantism is its just too good at evangelizing. Catholicism really needs to up its game.