FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Little Office Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What changes-if any-were there to the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary before Vatican II and after? Are there any translations of the Little Office that still use the form before Vatican II?
(05-16-2016, 11:03 PM)Sequentia Wrote: [ -> ]What changes-if any-were there to the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary before Vatican II and after? Are there any translations of the Little Office that still use the form before Vatican II?

Here's some info on the pre VII Little Office

http://www.boston-catholic-journal.com/l...n-mary.htm

There English and Latin copies available at Baronius Press and Angelus Press. These are the 1960's version, there is an 1904 version from Bonaventure Press. All of these are Pre VII and I am sure there are others. The Little Office in the aforementioned versions are the same every day.

The post VII version has different prayers every day in a one week cycle and is available from Catholic Book Publishing.

My preferences is the version from Angelus Press. The post VII version, like all post VII versions of the offices IMO, is fluffy and banal

Hope this helps.
The DivinumOfficium website allows you to choose which version, and the pay site (cheap and worth it) Breviary.net has a pre 60's version.  My favorite, for what it's worth,is the St. Bonaventure Press one. I think they just reprinted it too.