FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The rafael12 grab-bag: in which San Guise cries "mea culpa"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I like you rafael, I do. But you're telling the choir that they need to sing the Te Deum again this Sunday.
(05-31-2016, 10:55 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: [ -> ]Also defined as an amusing quality.

I tend to keep, as some would say, a sense of humor about things. I try my hardest to show the utmost respect for 1) Our Lord, His Church, and anything officially pertaining to the Church, and 2) the list ends there. Meaning anything else is fair game.

If I'm ever out of order, I would hope someone would tell me so, and point to what I did that was offensive before Our Lord. I truly mean this.

That being said, how else should I react when someone starts a vague thread about "they" without explaining who "they" is? Because in my (human) mind, that's just asking for me to respond with cracks about Scooby Doo, Cheech and Chong, tinfoil hats, hippies, Canadias clubbing (baby seals, that is), fart jokes, and yes, the Stink Pickle. You really don't want to see the Stink Pickle. Gross kid story.

So again, how are decent Catholics supposed to respond to vague "theories?"

Well, with vague actions, of course. :grin:
St. Thomas has a whole discussion about humor and wittiness in the Summa.  He concludes that such things, done in moderation, are good for the soul: "It is lawful to make use of fun." 

When you post nonsensical things, you can be assured of a witty reply.  I'm amazed at the restraint that has been shown in all these threads.
(06-01-2016, 12:49 PM)ermy_law Wrote: [ -> ]St. Thomas has a whole discussion about humor and wittiness in the Summa.  He concludes that such things, done in moderation, are good for the soul: "It is lawful to make use of fun." 

When you post nonsensical things, you can be assured of a witty reply.  I'm amazed at the restraint that has been shown in all these threads.

It's been tough to restrain myself from even more sarcasm and silliness.

I have really got to read the Summa.  I keep saying "one of these days..." then I pick up something else.
I just remembered a talk from Fr. Ripperger on the subject of modesty in actions, which dealt with this topic of "fun and games," so I knew that the Summa addressed this question.  I haven't read the whole thing either, and I have stopped telling myself that I ever will because I know it's a lie! 

For me, the Summa can not be touched.
My apologies, everyone.  Life has been extremely hectic as of late and I neglected to nip this in the bud. 

My profound apologies to you all and a brotherly hug to Vox for cleaning up the mess.
(06-01-2016, 03:39 PM)San Giuse Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies, everyone.  Life has been extremely hectic as of late and I neglected to nip this in the bud. 

My profound apologies to you all and a brotherly hug to Vox for cleaning up the mess.

No apologies needed.  We're all human, and we all get overcome by life.  I hope all is well.

It was actually an amusing, albeit occasionally aggravating thread.  Although I still think the Scooby Doo Gang is the aforementioned "they."
They have the Pope.  They have the theology.  And they have the Priests.

and the Motu Priorio.

They are unstoppable.

This.
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Here we go again! ??? ??? :eyeroll: ??? :eyeroll: ??? :P
The Holy Sacrifice of Mass was never abolished according to the bull Quo Primum, which was found in every Missale Romanum, Altar Missal, the book the Priests use to Offer Mass, at the very beginning...the bull Quo Primum was found at the very beginning of every Missale Romanum, and it stated that all who changed that Holy Sacrifice of Mass were liable to the curse of almighty God and the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.

The Society is the Church.

St. Joseph, pray for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12