FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The rafael12 grab-bag: in which San Guise cries "mea culpa"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The Motu Proprio confirms that the Mass was indeed, never abolished.

Quo Primum was not abolished.
Irritating.  I've cast the net a bit wider to stop this. 

Rafael/Jan, I won't be pleased if you drag me away from clients again. 
(06-01-2016, 06:47 PM)San Giuse Wrote: [ -> ]Irritating.  I've cast the net a bit wider to stop this. 

Rafael/Jan, I won't be pleased if you drag me away from clients again. 

San Guise and Vox, thank you both so very, very much for taking care of this.

Nowadays, we need clear and coherent speech and action in preserving and promoting the True Faith. Vague, random and repetitive stuff like what Rafael/Jan was doing is anything but. It really came off like he was mentally ill or something.

Again, thank you both for shutting him up.
What HailGilbert said and then some!  The posts really were repetitive and weird. 
(06-01-2016, 05:20 PM)Jan313 Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Sacrifice of Mass was never abolished according to the bull Quo Primum, which was found in every Missale Romanum, Altar Missal, the book the Priests use to Offer Mass, at the very beginning...the bull Quo Primum was found at the very beginning of every Missale Romanum, and it stated that all who changed that Holy Sacrifice of Mass were liable to the curse of almighty God and the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.

The Society is the Church.

St. Joseph, pray for us.

No Pope can bind his successors in disciplinary matters. Otherwise, how could the Pope truly have the power to bind and loose if another Pope  takes it away? Like it or not, what one Pope does, another can undo.

There are plenty of reasons why the old Mass wasn't suppressed. Quo primum isn't one. Especially when the Missal was changed numerous times between 1570 and 1965.
(06-03-2016, 01:01 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 05:20 PM)Jan313 Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Sacrifice of Mass was never abolished according to the bull Quo Primum, which was found in every Missale Romanum, Altar Missal, the book the Priests use to Offer Mass, at the very beginning...the bull Quo Primum was found at the very beginning of every Missale Romanum, and it stated that all who changed that Holy Sacrifice of Mass were liable to the curse of almighty God and the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.

St. Joseph, pray for us.

No Pope can bind his successors in disciplinary matters. Otherwise, how could the Pope truly have the power to bind and loose if another Pope  takes it away? Like it or not, what one Pope does, another can undo.

There are plenty of reasons why the old Mass wasn't suppressed. Quo primum isn't one. Especially when the Missal was changed numerous times between 1570 and 1965.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, and please correct me if that's the case, but I was always under the impression that the "power to bind and loose" supposedly referred to sins (or supposed sins) and not what you refer to as disciplinary matters of Church administration.
(06-03-2016, 12:08 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, and please correct me if that's the case, but I was always under the impression that the "power to bind and loose" supposedly referred to sins (or supposed sins) and not what you refer to as disciplinary matters of Church administration.

Binding and loosing is in Matthew 16, right after our Lord gives St Peter the power of the keys. You're thinking of John 20, where the Apostles are given the power of forgiving or retaining sins.
(06-03-2016, 02:48 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2016, 12:08 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Binding and loosing is in Matthew 16, right after our Lord gives St Peter the power of the keys. You're thinking of John 20, where the Apostles are given the power of forgiving or retaining sins.

Oh...okay.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12