FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First Latin Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I agree with you that no music is better than bad music.

I get their inclination to have an entire choir, but honestly, they just need like two people to be a proper schola.  We hear that all the time at the full time-trad parishes. 
Agreed but both individuals need musical talent.  :blush:  That's not always the case . . .

Very true -- at least one of those two people needs to have a combination of two qualities: (1) musical talent, and (2) the wherewithal to point out to others that they lack (1).
(06-21-2016, 12:23 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just say that plain chant would be way better than poorly executed polyphony. 

I think part-time trad parishes struggle because the group of TLM attendees is relatively small, there is little support from the parish itself, and whatever choir is probably led by a volunteer who doesn't have a whole lot of experience.  These folks want/need to prove that the TLM is worth having at the parish and that it can be majestic and beautiful.  They struggle because they are setting the standard too high and lack the resources to even come close.

Actually in this case the TLM was better attended than the first NO mass of the day. They do a TLM at 8 am, a NO at 10 and noon and a Spanish NO at 2.
Silouan, that's cool!  Most of the time that's not the case.
(06-21-2016, 10:21 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Silouan, that's cool!  Most of the time that's not the case.

Yeah it was crowded and like I said there was a long line for confession. It was nice to see. When I first started looking at becoming a Christian I signed up for RCIA at this parish. It would have been my home parish. Of course while waiting for RCIA to start I took one Sunday and walked in the local Greek Orthodox parish during liturgy and the rest is history.  :grin:
Pages: 1 2 3