FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Church Must Apologize To Gay People, Pope's Adviser Declares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-af...-1.2697089

(06-25-2016, 03:59 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]                                          http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-af...-1.2697089

priests, cardinals and popes will end up in hell ¡if they confirm people in their sins and do not shepherd the flock away from the road which leads to hell[color=rgb(0, 19, 32)]. Paul was clear:  "Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men [/color][color=rgb(0, 19, 32)][/size]nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. [/color][color=rgb(0, 19, 32)][/size]And that is what some of you WERE. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." -1 Cor. 6:9-11[/color]

My very first question is, How can this man be allowed to remain a Cardinal ?  We now have at least 6 Bishops who certainly appear to condone homosexual relationships. Yet not a word from the Pope, or anything specific from any Bishops.
On the contrary, we have gotten word from the pope on this issue. It's just not the word we had hoped for since he has given the strong impression that these cardinals are in line with his thoughts.
The cardinal should apologize for those who, unmoved towards repentance, are lost.  There is no love or mercy in hell. The cardinal would do well to remember that those who he appears to be showing "mercy" for in this life will, if they simply follow his advice, hate him with a deeper hatred than he can imagine in the next.

Homosexual tendencies are crosses to be born, and people who struggle with them need the love and support of those around them. They need shepherds who will reach out to them, acknowledge their suffering, reassure them of God's love and compassion for them, and invite them to accept His mercy. They need people to show them examples of God's love for them in how they treat them, and this includes actively encouraging them to reciprocate His love for them by reforming their lives.
The Church should apologize to homosexuals ...

We are sorry that we have not done more to firmly, but Charitably lead you away from your sinful ways and toward the merciful and loving arms of your God, who wants you to confess your sins, do penance, accept the grace He offers you to overcome your sinful habits and bring you to eternal happiness with Him.

We are sorry that those who appear to speak for the Church have rather than doing this, out of human respect, have not cared for and loved your souls, and rather let you stay in your sins and errors.

We are sorry that by our own sins, we have no merited holier priests, bishops and popes, and have not merited the graces you may need to leave your sinful life and come to God.
From the CC :

Quote:2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection

Forgive my ignorance, but has this always been official Church teaching? If not, then for how long?  This seems pretty loving and merciful to me, and if it's always been Church doctrine, then what's the need for apologies? The only apologies I see needed are if priests/bishops accepted and didn't teach against homosexual acts, or if they rejected homosexuals who were struggling with chastity and SSA.
When I was struggling with SSA, I didn't need apologies. I needed truth. Someone who helped me tremendously was a gay man who goes to my church. He is celibate and faithful to the Church. When I attended my father's funeral Mass, he met with me in the basement, sat on the steps with me, and asked me to come back to practicing my faith. Ultimately, I did. And God has eradicated my SSA and given me a wonderful boyfriend.

This "apology" business is only going to blur the lines and confuse people.
That's beautiful, Share Love.  :)

What did he say that compelled you?
(06-26-2016, 01:00 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]That's beautiful, Share Love.  :)

What did he say that compelled you?
Thank you, although I can't take credit for any of it. :)

Well, when he said, basically, "Come back to the Church," that planted a seed. Seeing Catholics provide for me and my mom when my dad was in the hospital planted a seed, as did seeing the chaplain administer Last Rites to him before he died (and he spoke with me afterwards to assure me that hearing is the last sense to go, and although my dad was in a coma, he heard me). This all came together and, a while down the road after the funeral Mass (he died in 2014 and I returned to practicing my faith last April), I asked my nana if she would take me to church. I went to Confession and Mass and the rest is history.
Pages: 1 2