FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Garden of Eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do you all think it was?
I think it was physically situated in mesopotamia. Don't know about now, its possibly destroyed. Either that or Elijah and Moses have been using it as their bachelor pad for a few thousand years.
Surely it still exists, but we are just not permitted to enter it since the fall, but God willing one day that will change.
(07-01-2016, 03:17 AM)majellan Wrote: [ -> ]Surely it still exists, but we are just not permitted to enter it since the fall, but God willing one day that will change.

Well I don't think we will need the Earthly Paradise because all will be Paradise. I was thinking it may have been destroyed in the flood. But perhaps it was protected or somehow transplanted. I have heard from Catholic sources that Elijah and Moses or possibly Enoch are waiting there for the Antichrist to rise.
Upon doing further research, it seems that scripture and many saints agree that Elijah and Enoch live in the earthly paradise awaiting the coming of the Antichrist when they will be martyred as the two witnesses of Revelation. Whether this earthly paradise is the same as Eden, I don't know.
I'm guessing it was somewhere between Jerusalem and Mt. ararat home of Noah's Ark.
Part of the problem with assigning a location is that the river names given in Genesis for the rivers flowing out of Paradise do not seem to be able to correspond to the modern rivers known as such.

Genesis 2.8-14 suggests a larger river splitting into four namely the Pishon, Gishon, Tigris and Euphrates. While the later two correspond to the modern names of rivers, the geography doesn't work, at least today. There is no place where a river splits to form even the Tigris and Euphrates. In fact it's the other way round. The Tigris and Euphrates join to form a larger river.

Lots of theories could be floated (pardon the pun) about how to explain these rivers, but there is no guarantee that any of these correspond to the modern denominations, any more than there is a guarantee that the very geography of the Earth itself was not radically altered by the Flood or time.
I agree Magister, but for lack of any evidence otherwise I'm guessing the garden was once in the general vicinity of what is now called mesopotamia. I doubt the names of the rivers are simply coincidence, there must be a link to the original Tigris and Euphrates.