FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Santa Fe Pilgrimage to Padilla Cross: Lyons, KS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: santa_fe_pilgrimage_banner.jpg]

In three weeks, on July 22-23, 2016, there will be a pilgrimage to the Padilla Cross in Lyons, Kansas.  It is an overnight, 33-mile walk for men and boys.  You can read about it ON THIS PAGE, and it has links to a brochure, a video, and other information.  I am reproducing some of the text below.
Quote:The Santa Fe Pilgrimage is a 33-mile walk made overnight to the Padilla Cross situated just outside of Lyons, Kansas. The 26' tall granite cross commemorates America's Protomartyr, Fr. Juan de Padilla, a Spanish Franciscan who gave his life for the Catholic Faith in 1542.
Quote:The 2016 pilgrimage is from Friday, July 22 to Saturday, July 23 and is for men and boys only. To get a sense of what this unique pilgrimage is like (the only men-boys pilgrimage walked overnight), watch the video of the 2015 pilgrimage and see the image gallery below.
Quote:The pilgrimage's motto of "Take the nail!" comes from its special scrip (or badge), which is a square nail. Before starting the walk, every pilgrim receives a blessed nail to carry throughout the pilgrimage. At the pilgrimage's conclusion, those who completed all 33 miles receive a special red nail, while a white one is given to the hard-working support team members.
I and my father will be participating on this pilgrimage as well Smile

-Martin