FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Deliverance Prayers and Demonic Influences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friends,

I'm looking for resources for someone on deliverance prayers, blessings, and help with a spiritual battle.  There are theoretical demonic influences involved (I don't have details and it has not been confirmed by an exorcist or anything like that).  I'd just like to be able to provide some info as a starting point.  This person is trying to help someone she cares about who may have opened himself up to demonic attack or varying degrees of influence through his former life and some interesting tattoos.

I know there are sites out there but finding reputable and traditional information takes a discerning eye and more time than I've got at present.  Can anyone help me? 

Thank you so much!!!!
Fontevrault
http://www.osb.org/gen/medal.html

For spiritual battle, a  Saint Benedict medal is a powerful weapon against the powers of darkness... Every catholic should wear one. Mine is attached to my scapular.

"On the back of the medal, the cross is dominant. On the arms of the cross are the initial letters of a rhythmic Latin prayer: Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Nunquam draco sit mihi dux! (May the holy cross be my light! May the dragon never be my guide!).

In the angles of the cross, the letters C S P B stand for Crux Sancti Patris Benedicti (The cross of our holy father Benedict).

Around the margin of the back of the medal, the letters V R S N S M V - S M Q L I V B are the initial letters, as mentioned above, of a Latin prayer of exorcism against Satan: Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana! Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas! (Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!)"

Be careful....

"This person is trying to help someone she cares about who may have opened himself up to demonic attack or varying degrees of influence through his former life and some interesting tattoos."

As a tattooed person myself, I would have to say that he wouldn't have opened himself up with them unless he purposefully and specifically got something satanic/occult in nature.

I always feel the need to put out some sort of disclaimer because I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about tattoos or tattooed people.  :grin:

See the Spiritual Warfare page of The Preternatural World sub-section of the FishEaters site. I so hope it helps!

As to the tattoo thing, as In His Love said (and as I'm sure Fontevrault knows; I'm writing for people reading over our shoulders as well, as always LOL), tats aren't in themselves sinful. But some can be (well, not the tats themselves, but getting them. Tats can't sin, of course LOL). And there's the possibility, too, of a tattoo artist cursing his work. That, apparently, according to exorcists anyway, happens not infrequently, especially in the world of drug cartels, the members of which will sometimes curse their wares in order to keep people hooked.
http://www.auxiliumchristianorum.org/

I wholeheartedly stand behind the organization above. I also suggest the Seven Sorrows Chaplet and, believe it or not, the Divine Mercy Chaplet as well. When dealing with this a few years back all of these things made a palpable difference to all those involved.

Finally, in the case close to me what really ended up being instrumental was sincere Marian devotion.  It doesn't seem to matter, evil just seems to really despise Mary.

Please take this spiritual warfare stuff seriously, as it is REAL.
Vox and In His Love, I haven't seen the tattoos personally but they are (according to the description I have) demonic images and proclaim the individual to be a demon.  No matter how beautiful the artwork, if that's the content, I think it is justifiable to be a bit worried. 

On a personal note, I don't have anything against people with tattoos in general.  I do find it sad that someone feels the need to improve on God's creation.  Then again, it's not my choice and as long as the content isn't offensive (naked women, demons, profane images of Our Lord and Lady), I am not likely to say much of anything.  However, if someone tattoos himself to look like a lizard or tiger or something, I do reserve the right to gawk a bit and perhaps recommend therapy if they bring it up.  :grin:
(08-04-2016, 09:53 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]On a personal note, I don't have anything against people with tattoos in general.  I do find it sad that someone feels the need to improve on God's creation.

That wasn't my motivation. I got one to commemorate leaving a hard home situation for a while. My second was to commemorate overcoming an eating disorder. My third, the handwriting of a good friend who is very sick. My fourth, in honor of my dead father.

I don't know of anyone who gets tattoos with the motivator, "I need to improve on how God made me."

That said, the tattoos you have described are in poor taste.
(08-04-2016, 10:24 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know of anyone who gets tattoos with the motivator, "I need to improve on how God made me."
That said, the tattoos you have described are in poor taste.

No, they probably don't think of it in that way, but that is the end effect.  While I understand marking these important parts of your life, if they are etched on your heart, do they really need to be anywhere else?  As I said, it is a difference in perspective and one we can certainly disagree on and still be friends.  I know one lady who had a lung removed due to cancer and had a tattoo placed over the scar to mark her recovery.  She was a good friend and given her already marked body in that particular case, I saw her perspective as decorating an ugly mark and making it beautiful.  I get it, somewhat.  I just don't agree with it in general.  Then again, I hate needles and would probably pass out in the process of getting one.  :LOL:

The tattoos I mentioned were a deliberate act and one of defiance against society and morals in general.  Since conversion is a new thing, helping this guy to overcome and move past his former life is a bit of a priority.  He seems to be a really nice person, so I'm truly grateful for all the advice here.
This is a story that I heard that happened in a neighboring community. There was a house that was being disturbed by demonic influences. A young priest from the local parish was called. He came with some holy water and said some prayers and sprinkled the house. The problems continued. The priest came out again and brought a book with exorcist prayers written in Latin. He prayed and sprinkled more holy water throughout the house. The problems continued. So he called his uncle, who was an experienced exorcist and explained the situation to him. The uncle said, tell the family to pray the rosary every day. He did. they did. End of the problems with demonic influences.