FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Consecration of Russia : What Would It Have Been Like ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-28-2016, 10:47 PM)Uxi Wrote: [ -> ]I was pondering this the other day.  It seems the best way would be a dialogue with the Russian Orthodox.  I have hard time believe even the most schismatic Easterner Orthodox should decline the principle of dedicating their nation to the Theotokos.  Something along the lines of Francis asking to make a visit and jointly consecrating Russia to the Theotokos with Patriarch Kirill.  Most likely wouldn't be the Pope himself, as there are a bunch of political and theological angles there but possibly a discrete legate in the area (even off camera).  Even if it was done before, can one be consecrated to the Blessed Virgin too many times?

That said, I know a holy Fraternity priest very devoted Our Blessed Mother who cautioned about reading too much about Fatima.  Mostly because it's private revelation and wasn't meant for us.  We can have our opinions, of course, but shouldn't use that as a wedge or to inflame rumor and scandal about the hierarchy.

It does appear puzzling that the Third Secret as revealed would have no reason to be kept secret, yet the conspiracy theories on these lines usually go completely crazy with talks about surgical doubles and imposters of Sister Lucia and Paul VI, etc.

I think that the "private revelation" argument is irrelevant in the case of Fatima because our Lady forewarned, months beforehand that she would perform a great miracle on october 13th 1917, adding this comment "SO THAT ALL MAY BELIEVE".
Were there skeptics in the huge crowd that attended the Miracle of the Sun? Certainly not a single one once 70000 people had witnessed this unexplainable astronomical phenomenon.
The words of the Virgin "so that all may believe" are drawing an obligation to believe upon all the true catholic faithfuls. Truly, who can in good conscience declare "I don't believe in the apparitions of Fatima?"

One of my favorite stories about Fatima that occurred prior to the Miracle of the Sun, was when a poor peasant showed he had more spiritual sense then a local priest. The priest warned that "this may all be a deception of the devil" to which the peasant replied "don't be silly, the devil would never ask people to say the rosary".
(10-31-2016, 06:25 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]                                                                            One of my favorite stories about Fatima that occurred prior to the Miracle of the Sun, was when a poor peasant showed he had more spiritual sense then a local priest. The priest warned that "this may all be a deception of the devil" to which the peasant replied "don't be silly, the devil would never ask people to say the rosary".

Exactly. He also would not want to openly promote a sign which resulted in people openly confessing their sins and seeking forgiveness.
Pages: 1 2