FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How should I dispose of this item?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My local parish hands out booklets like this one:

[Image: 51SRr8Y3AuL._SY445_QL70_.jpg]

They contain all the Mass readings for a month or so, along with some various faith-based articles. This particular month, I removed the article on St. Philip Neri and cut out his picture so I could frame it (it looks similar to a holy card). I then found myself removing the articles I was interested in reading, then folding them up and putting them in the 'recycle pile' at home afterwards.

Now that the month is at a close, would it be appropriate to recycle the entire booklet? I'm asking because I've read that there are special ways to dispose of Sunday Missals (I have one of those as well, with all the pages intact, that I'm planning on simply putting on a bookshelf after the Feast of Christ the King, when it runs out of readings) and I don't know if I should be handling this similarly.
Here you go:
http://fisheaters.com/disposing.html

Then again, I'm not sure whether something that hasn't actually been blessed by a priest needs to take these kinds of precautions even if there is scripture in it. I could be wrong though.
Thank you, GangGreen. It hasn't been blessed and from what I've seen on their website, it's considered a type of magazine.
(10-31-2016, 09:13 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, GangGreen. It hasn't been blessed and from what I've seen on their website, it's considered a type of magazine.

It's perfectly okay to recycle it.  Yes, it IS a magazine.
(10-31-2016, 01:21 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2016, 09:13 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, GangGreen. It hasn't been blessed and from what I've seen on their website, it's considered a type of magazine.

It's perfectly okay to recycle it.  Yes, it IS a magazine.
Thank you kindly, J Michael! :)
Otherwise if you're unsure, just burn it and bury it. Not overly difficult.
(10-31-2016, 04:33 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise if you're unsure, just burn it and bury it. Not overly difficult.
True. I recycled the magazine. I'll be putting my Missal away once it runs out for the year because I know there are special ways of handling those.