FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Burke responds to Pope Francis: The Latin Mass ‘is no exception’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
                                                              "It is the Mass of the Church of all times and therefore it can not be overthrown and has equal dignity," said Burke. "For the rest, the motu proprio of Pope Benedict XVI is sufficient. It is unambiguous."https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-burke-responds-to-pope-francis-latin-mass-is-no-exception-summorum

I wonder what he'll attack next.
Burke contra mundum.

He would make a wonderful Pope.
The Latin Mass has superior dignity.  It was formed by Tradition and not by a group of mostly heretical and modernist bishops of the 1970s.
(11-30-2016, 06:08 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]The Latin Mass has superior dignity.  It was formed by Tradition and not by a group of mostly heretical and modernist bishops of the 1970s.

Yes.

I really don't expect any more from C Burke and it is good he says it is not an exception (although the novus or do establishment pretends it is in their new dispensation), but I cringe at the notion the TLM has to be defended as "equal dignity" to a protestantized , desacrificialized liturgy concocted by a freemason.
Is rigidity fast becoming a mortal sin?
(11-30-2016, 11:52 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]Burke contra mundum.

He would make a wonderful Pope.

This.

(11-30-2016, 06:08 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]The Latin Mass has superior dignity.  It was formed by Tradition and not by a group of mostly heretical and modernist bishops of the 1970s.

...and this.
(11-30-2016, 07:08 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.

I really don't expect any more from C Burke and it is good he says it is not an exception (although the novus or do establishment pretends it is in their new dispensation), but I cringe at the notion the TLM has to be defended as "equal dignity" to a protestantized , desacrificialized liturgy concocted by a freemason.

Sure, but I think one has to consider that H.E. Burke is a canonist, and seems to me to be addressing this largely in a canonical sense; in this sense, the motu proprio is unambiguous. It's also possible that he really believes the two rites to be completely equal; his willingness to celebrate the ancient rite may be more an expression of pastoral generosity rather than trad-purity. He may also just be avoiding a fight on another front; he's bitten off quite a bit by being a signatory to the dubia.
(11-30-2016, 09:17 PM)aquinas138 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2016, 07:08 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.

Sure, but I think one has to consider that H.E. Burke is a canonist, and seems to me to be addressing this largely in a canonical sense; in this sense, the motu proprio is unambiguous. It's also possible that he really believes the two rites to be completely equal; his willingness to celebrate the ancient rite may be more an expression of pastoral generosity rather than trad-purity. He may also just be avoiding a fight on another front; he's bitten off quite a bit by being a signatory to the dubia.

Oh I agree and know where he's coming from.
The concept of equal dignity of rites is found in the documents of Vatican II.
(11-30-2016, 07:26 PM)thomas7 Wrote: [ -> ]Is rigidity fast becoming a mortal sin?

I would make a distinction between rigidity and commitment.
Pages: 1 2 3