FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Reddit user throws a fit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/comment...old_coast/

Talk about an overreaction. The OP was just making an observation lol.
Kind of a weird thing to post here. Maybe a little gossipy. Not sure what to say about it.

As goes Reddit though, I've spent a lot of time on that website. Mostly lurking and keeping up with posts from a select few users I find especially insightful. The utility as of late has been diminishing for me. I used to post more frequently, and I guess it's good for cutting your teeth or working on your chops as goes argumentation. But it just gets old and honestly can only provide limited benefit for real-life conversational/debate skills. I think the full-time Catholic warriors there must have a calling, because the inquiries and conversations there are Catholic Answers-level repetitive.

Now I just use it to send the occasional PM for more personal discussion if I'm ever seeking advice or whatever. I still (almost reflexively) get on it at least a couple times a day to mindlessly browse, embarrassingly enough. Trying to cut it out. In my case it's a total time sink that I gain almost nothing from at this point.
(12-04-2016, 01:25 AM)StJoseph Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of a weird thing to post here. Maybe a little gossipy. Not sure what to say about it.

As goes Reddit though, I've spent a lot of time on that website. Mostly lurking and keeping up with posts from a select few users I find especially insightful. The utility as of late has been diminishing for me. I used to post more frequently, and I guess it's good for cutting your teeth or working on your chops as goes argumentation. But it just gets old and honestly can only provide limited benefit for real-life conversational/debate skills. I think the full-time Catholic warriors there must have a calling, because the inquiries and conversations there are Catholic Answers-level repetitive.

Now I just use it to send the occasional PM for more personal discussion if I'm ever seeking advice or whatever. I still (almost reflexively) get on it at least a couple times a day to mindlessly browse, embarrassingly enough. Trying to cut it out. In my case it's a total time sink that I gain almost nothing from at this point.

Well it is the "mens' subforum and the reddit thread was about men's fashion so I'd figure it belongs here.

Quote:. I think the full-time Catholic warriors there must have a calling, because the inquiries and conversations there are Catholic Answers-level repetitive.

They have patience that's for sure. And CA? Good grief. Decent site but its forums, especially the World News (or whatever it's called), is just a wasteland. Then you got Catholic liberals and atheists aiding to the relativism, then believers who are pro-LGBT (marriage, adoption) who, surprise, surprise, turn out to be LGBT.