FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 23 Scholars Sign Statement in Support of Four Cardinals and Dubia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From Church Militant:

"A group of international scholars have signed a statement expressing support for four cardinals seeking clarity on "Amoris Laetitia," Pope Francis' apostolic exhortation on marriage and the family.

"As Catholic scholars and pastors of souls, we wish to express our profound gratitude and full support for the courageous initiative of four members of the College of Cardinals, Their Eminences Walter Brandmüller, Raymond Leo Burke, Carlo Caffarra and Joachim Meisner," the statement, released on December 8, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, begins."

More here:

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/artic...-and-dubia
                                                                                                            Paul Josef Cardinal Cordes Cardinal-Deacon of San Lorenzo in Piscibus has come out in support of the Four Cardinals https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...nt-attacks

It really can't be overstated how deep the crisis goes in the Church. I think it's very possible that Benedict is still the Vicar of Christ and that Francis is, in fact, an anti-pope. In fact, I think it more than "possible," but probable. So probable that I took down from this site's statement of faith, on the About This Site page, the lines about "I believe Francis is the true Pope and that we must pray for him" blah blah blah. I think we still need to pray for him -- not as Pope, but as someone who is bound for Hell. That is how bad I think things are.

He seems, pardon the expression, Hell-bent on destroying the correct view of the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, given to us by Christ Himself, and the very foundation of civilization. It really is diabolical.

He is all about confusion, chaos, "making a mess," and doesn't seem to care at all about the effects his twisted ideas, cloaked in terms of "mercy," have on the faithful.

Our poster, Clare Brigid, was very perceptive in describing him as a choleric. But he goes way beyond that and into out and out thuggery. He's all about "who am I to judge?" for everyone but those he has been (or at least is commonly accepted to have been) entrusted to teach, rule, and guide. The only "bad" people in the world to him are faithful Catholics, anti-globalists, anti-Marxists, people who love and want to protect their own nations and cultures, and those who don't blindly accept the tenets of global warming. Think about that.

I am in no position whatsoever to judge his soul; that belongs to Christ alone. But I have come to the conclusion that his actions are those of a serpent. A wolf in sheep's clothing. A man inspired by the Evil One rather than the Holy Ghost.

This in no way shakes my faith in the Faith and the Church. The gates of Hell will NOT prevail. Ever. All shall, truly, be well, and we're to just continue on as good Catholics as best as we can. This is NOT Historically unprecedented! It's happened before that we've had an anti-Pope sitting on St. Peter's Chair!

But I do believe that, temporally speaking, we're in the hands of a madman, and that the true Pope has been rendered, somehow (and I so wish I knew how!), powerless.

There goes a lot of support for this site, I imagine. But it is what I think, so let the chips fall where they may. There is simply no way to reconcile the actions of Bergoglio with those of a Vicar of Christ.
                                                                                    Totally agree Vox, and the people I find the most depressing are not the ultra liberals within the church, who are often at least, honest about what they want to see happen , but rather the traditional leaning types who keep saying "he's still the pope". On a positive note, I've been attending a very traditional Eastern Catholic parish, and have gotten to know quite a few members, and very few that I've discussed the matter with think highly of Francis.

I've come to the conclusion for some time now, Francis is not leading us to Heaven, he's leading us to Perdition if we choose to follow him. He's become indefensible ! ........but the neo-Catholic apologists haven't accepted that yet.
From the article:

Quote:In spite of the crisis of confusion, Fr. Harrison is encouraging the faithful not to lose hope. "It's a good moment to keep praying hard and remember that Christ is still in charge of His Church."

This kind of sums it up for me.  Keep hope, as hard as it is, and pray.
(12-13-2016, 06:56 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]There goes a lot of support for this site, I imagine. But it is what I think, so let the chips fall where they may. There is simply no way to reconcile the actions of Bergoglio with those of a Vicar of Christ.

God won't let Pope Francis go too far. But we're seeing one good thing come from all this, and it may be the reason He allowed Francis to become Pope - the clergy (or, at least so far, the cardinals) are having to choose sides. With the two previous Popes, they'd go along with whatever novelty they did, like Assisi. But now, the more conservative cardinals are finally standing up for the Faith. It's too early to tell if this will go beyond the issue of the sacraments to everything else that's happened since Vatican II, but maybe they'll see just how far the liberals are wanting to go, and just how un-Catholic it really is.
(12-13-2016, 06:56 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]It really can't be overstated how deep the crisis goes in the Church. I think it's very possible that Benedict is still the Vicar of Christ and that Francis is, in fact, an anti-pope. In fact, I think it more than "possible," but probable. So probable that I took down from this site's statement of faith, on the About This Site page, the lines about "I believe Francis is the true Pope and that we must pray for him" blah blah blah. I think we still need to pray for him -- not as Pope, but as someone who is bound for Hell. That is how bad I think things are.

He seems, pardon the expression, Hell-bent on destroying the correct view of the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, given to us by Christ Himself, and the very foundation of civilization. It really is diabolical.

He is all about confusion, chaos, "making a mess," and doesn't seem to care at all about the effects his twisted ideas, cloaked in terms of "mercy," have on the faithful.

Our poster, Clare Brigid, was very perceptive in describing him as a choleric. But he goes way beyond that and into out and out thuggery. He's all about "who am I to judge?" for everyone but those he has been (or at least is commonly accepted to have been) entrusted to teach, rule, and guide. The only "bad" people in the world to him are faithful Catholics, anti-globalists, anti-Marxists, people who love and want to protect their own nations and cultures, and those who don't blindly accept the tenets of global warming. Think about that.

I am in no position whatsoever to judge his soul; that belongs to Christ alone. But I have come to the conclusion that his actions are those of a serpent. A wolf in sheep's clothing. A man inspired by the Evil One rather than the Holy Ghost.

This in no way shakes my faith in the Faith and the Church. The gates of Hell will NOT prevail. Ever. All shall, truly, be well, and we're to just continue on as good Catholics as best as we can. This is NOT Historically unprecedented! It's happened before that we've had an anti-Pope sitting on St. Peter's Chair!

But I do believe that, temporally speaking, we're in the hands of a madman, and that the true Pope has been rendered, somehow (and I so wish I knew how!), powerless.

There goes a lot of support for this site, I imagine. But it is what I think, so let the chips fall where they may. There is simply no way to reconcile the actions of Bergoglio with those of a Vicar of Christ.

We've had heretical Popes before.
(12-13-2016, 01:36 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]We've had heretical Popes before.

We have, but none to the extent of this one.
(12-13-2016, 01:50 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2016, 01:36 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]We've had heretical Popes before.

We have, but none to the extent of this one.

Liberius, Honorius...
I'd probably put Francis above Honorius. Liberius is an interesting one because some say he was forced into supporting Arianism. Of course he could have accepted martyrdom or exile rather than giving in. In any sense, we're in what could be amounted to the biggest crisis since the Arian crisis and Francis "the destroyer" is pushing it to another level.

Pages: 1 2