FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Just Curious ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
                                                    but do most people on this forum attend Latin Mass ? I do whenever it's possible, and know people at 4 parishes, including an SSPX Chapel, lately though it's been more convenient for me to attend Eastern Rite liturgy.
I attend a low mass every week at an SSPX chapel.  In the last year I have only attended the Novus Ordo twice, both associated with my fathers funeral, where there was no alternative.  As long as there was a viable option, I am not sure I could go back to attending the new mass.
(12-25-2016, 09:20 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]                                                    but do most people on this forum attend Latin Mass ? I do whenever it's possible, and know people at 4 parishes, including an SSPX Chapel, lately though it's been more convenient for me to attend Eastern Rite liturgy.

I will only go to the Mass of All Time, i.e. what Archbishop Lefebvre called the Latin Mass. I refuse to go to anything else.
I'm not able to at this time, but as soon as I can, I'm relocating to New York and my boyfriend has agreed to take me to a basilica in Syracuse that offers the Latin Mass.
95% of the time, yes. Only when i have obligations that don't allow me to make a LM do I go to NO.
Thankfully, for me, there is an SSPX chapel in my hometown that I can attend for Sunday Mass.

The other one I go to sometimes is the Latin Mass center for the Worcester MA Diocese, which is about 3/4 of an hour away.

But NEVER a "Novus Ordo" Mass.
Only Tridentine Mass, and always SSPX when possible. Never NO.

I figure that since the SSPX the most principled of traditionalist groups, and also the most unjustly maligned (there's a connection there!), the least I can do is support them financially, and with my physical prescense at their Mass centres whenever possible.
I usually split my time between between an FSSP parish and a Ukrainian Catholic church. However, as I am now going to school in another province, I have access to neither  sad. Thankfully the New Mass which I have to attend now is done fairly traditionally, and often prayed towards the east! Although it is still a difficult transition for me, since no matter how you dress up the New Mass, it's still is the New Mass, and I often have difficulties praying during it.
Right now I'm a home alone breviary type of guy that prays the Old Rite Horologion, the Jesus Prayer and occasionally the Benedictine Office. I'm in a deep crisis regarding the papacy and basically fully Eastern but with no options for worship within biking or skateboarding distance, so I do the pray at home thing. Sometimes I ask myself what I'd do if there were an eastern Rite parish near me; would I be Orthodox or Eastern Rite? I don't know, I just know at this stage nothing makes sense except for the Prayerbook stuff. Full on crisis mode...and yet I pray. In light of Constance and the last 100 yeas of papal ridiculousness I struggle deeply with the very Roman Catholic idea that the Pope is basically Gods vicar on earth. Quite frankly it seems ridiculous, and hardly believable in light of the last 100 years of papal nonsense, not to mention the strange era of Constance and Haec Sancta.
My nearest TLM is 2.5 hour drive away, for a 9 a.m. Mass (and 4 children), so it doesn't happen unless we happen to be in Winnipeg for some reason that weekend. Otherwise it's our local NO Mass, which in the grand scheme of things is among the better ones, based on my travels and experiences elsewhere.

We have a Ukrainian parish in town, but we've made a choice to stick with Latin Rite. I'm not sure it's that much better, anyway, based on the characters involved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4