FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Novus Ordo in my city
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there's liturgical abuse crises and Rome does zero to solve it but will punish trad priests in a minute. It is so weird. It's like there's *still* Masons there. However, the Masses around where I live are ok actually. But I'm becoming convinced it's because people in cities aren't religious so there's no need to pander. In my small home town the church architecture and Mass were disasters. So when everyone has to go to the same church, then the liturgy is terrible. Think about it. Isn't that weird? I don't know of any small town or small city with one church where the liturgy is edifying and reverent.
Here's one... Www.shdunn.org

Only Catholic church in town, most masses in extraordinary form, ordinary form offered ad orientam. Few and far between, but they're out there.
There was a situation during the life of St Teresa of Avila when there was a priest living in open sin with a woman. It was a huge scandal for that local village. (Where was the bishop?) Jesus appeared to her and said, "See how great my love is for you. I willingly come down and allow myself to be handled by this enemy of mine so that I can come to you."
(01-05-2017, 12:24 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]There was a situation during the life of St Teresa of Avila when there was a priest living in open sin with a woman. It was a huge scandal for that local village. (Where was the bishop?) Jesus appeared to her and said, "See how great my love is for you. I willingly come down and allow myself to be handled by this enemy of mine so that I can come to you."

I would assume that that Priest was "saying the black and doing the red".