FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis's Message to President Trump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Finally, something from Pope Francis that isn't overtly scandalous or confusing. How refreshing. From the Washington Post:

Message Wrote:The Honorable Donald Trump, President of the United States of America,

Upon your inauguration as the forty-fifth President of the United States of America, I offer you my cordial good wishes and the assurance of my prayers that Almighty God will grant you wisdom and strength in the exercise of your high office.

At a time when our human family is beset by grave humanitarian crises demanding farsighted and united political responses, I pray that your decisions will be guided by the rich spiritual and ethical values that have shaped the history of the American people and your nation’s commitment to the advancement of human dignity and freedom worldwide.

Under your leadership, may America’s stature continue to be measured above all by its concern for the poor, the outcast and those in need who, like Lazarus, stand before our door. With these sentiments, I ask the Lord to grant you and your family, and all the beloved American people, his blessings of peace, concord and every material and spiritual prosperity.

Franciscus PP.

Beautifully stated. I wish all of his statements were that clear.
Wait a few days. The next message Pope Francis will send to the President will mention climate change and the word "Mercy" repeated over and over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, in Malta, Bishops threaten priests who refuse to give communion to the divorced and remarried. In Rockford, Bishop Malloy has really come down on ad orientem worship and Summorum Pontificum. The Diocese of Orlando has banned all activities by Priests for Life. And in the Diocese of Pereira Colombia, a priest by the name of Father Luis Alberto Uribe Medina has been suspended for criticizing communion for the divorced-remarried.  That correction of Berrgoglio has to come mighty soon and it's got to be done publicly.
(01-22-2017, 06:33 AM)Lordpray4us Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a few days. The next message Pope Francis will send to the President will mention climate change and the word "Mercy" repeated over and over.

Well, that didn't take long. From Yahoo News:

Pope warns against populism and 'saviours' like Hitler
[AFP]
AFPJanuary 21, 2017

Madrid (AFP) - Pope Francis warned against populism, saying it could lead to the election of "saviours" like Hitler.

Vox Wrote:
Definition of Populism Wrote:pop·u·lism
ˈpäpyəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: populism

support for the concerns of ordinary people.

Golly! Sounds dangerous! Anyone concerned about ordinary people is obviously bad! Prolly a fascist even!

In an hour-long interview with Spanish newspaper El Pais conducted as Donald Trump was being sworn in as US president, the pontiff also condemned the idea of using walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners.

Vox Wrote:
I betcha $100 that he wouldn't dare tell Israel to tear down any walls. Any takers? Israel even has underground walls!

One good thing, though, is that we now know that Pope Francis is sometimes willing to take back something he's said, a hopeful fact when it comes to thinking about his statements about divorced and "remarried," sexually incontinent Catholics receiving Communion. In an article that otherwise reflects Francis's thinking that Israel must be seen as a Jewish State and that to think otherwise is antisemitic, we read:

Article Wrote:In what would constitute a stunning rhetorical volte-face, Pope Francis reportedly walked back earlier statements praising Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and dubbed some of Israel’s detractors “anti-Semitic.”

In comments made to veteran Portuguese-Israeli journalist Henrique Cymerman Thursday, Francis was quoted as saying that “anyone who does not recognize the Jewish people and the State of Israel — and their right to exist — is guilty of anti-Semitism.”

How to keep Israel a Jewish State without there being walls must be a Divine Mystery. He also says that anti-Zionism is antisemitism, which makes understanding pre-Conciliar Popes pretty tricky. Pope St. Pius X said, "We cannot prevent the Jews from going to Jerusalem – but we could never sanction it. The soil of Jerusalem, if it was not always sacred, has been sanctified by the life of Jesus Christ. As the head of the Church I cannot tell you anything different. The Jews have not recognized our Lord, therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people.”

-- And Pope Pius XI said, “Mark well that in the Catholic Mass, Abraham is our Patriarch and forefather. Anti-Semitism is incompatible with the lofty thought which that fact expresses. It is a movement with which we Christians can have nothing to do. No, no, I say to you it is impossible for a Christian to take part in anti-Semitism. It is inadmissible. Through Christ and in Christ we are the spiritual progeny of Abraham. Spiritually, we are all Semites.”

One of these Popes is wrong.

Anyway, back to our regularly-scheduled programming:

"Of course crises provoke fears and worries," he said but added that for him "the example of populism in the European sense of the word is Germany in 1933.

"Germany... was looking for a leader, someone who would give her back her identity and there was a little man named Adolf Hitler who said 'I can do it'."

"Hitler did not steal power," the pope said. "He was elected by his people and then he destroyed his people."

Vox Wrote:So, let's break this down: if the people vote for someone they see as acting in their best interests, that is "populism." If things turn out badly or if they vote for someone who's against global government, world banks, open borders, and anything else that violates the principle of subsidiarity, well, it just goes to show you that "populism" is bad. If things turn out well or if they vote for someone Soros funds, then populism turns into democracy! And we all know that democracy is the greatest thing since Martin Luther!

I think I get it now!

The Germans at that time also wanted to protect themselves with "walls and barbed wire so that others cannot take away their identity," he said.

Vox Wrote:
They had barbed wire fences surrounding Germany??? I'm stunned! I never read that in any History text anywhere!

"The case of Germany is classic," he said, adding that Hitler gave them a "deformed identity and we know what it produced."

Pope Francis however underscored that it was too early to pass judgement on Trump.

Vox Wrote:
Ah, he threw Trump a bone. Nice.

"Let's see. Let's see what he does and then we will evaluate," he said.

Vox Wrote:How about letting the American people evaluate? If he goes mucking around in others' countries -- something I don't anticipate because that's a Hillary sorta thing -- they can evaluate, too. Or if he actually does something morally egregious that leads the country in a diabolical direction, then maybe evaluate that.

Yeah, instead of you evaluating Trump and sizing up how he'll wield power, how about you focus on how you wield power, aiming for running the Church the way a Catholic would? Focusing on things like, you know, sticking with Catholic doctrine, spreading the actual Gospel, the salvation of souls, getting our seminaries filled back up with men who'll be taught to offer the TLM, stopping with the insults to the faithful, removing the boot from the necks of trad religious orders -- ya know, things like that?
(01-22-2017, 11:04 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2017, 06:33 AM)Lordpray4us Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a few days. The next message Pope Francis will send to the President will mention climate change and the word "Mercy" repeated over and over.

Well, that didn't take long. From Yahoo News:

Pope warns against populism and 'saviours' like Hitler
[AFP]
AFPJanuary 21, 2017

Madrid (AFP) - Pope Francis warned against populism, saying it could lead to the election of "saviours" like Hitler.

Vox Wrote:
Definition of Populism Wrote:pop·u·lism
ˈpäpyəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: populism

support for the concerns of ordinary people.

Golly! Sounds dangerous! Anyone concerned about ordinary people is obviously bad! Prolly a fascist even!

In an hour-long interview with Spanish newspaper El Pais conducted as Donald Trump was being sworn in as US president, the pontiff also condemned the idea of using walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners.

Vox Wrote:
I betcha $100 that he wouldn't dare tell Israel to tear down any walls. Any takers? Israel even has underground walls!

One good thing, though, is that we now know that Pope Francis is sometimes willing to take back something he's said, a hopeful fact when it comes to thinking about his statements about divorced and "remarried," sexually incontinent Catholics receiving Communion. In an article that otherwise reflects Francis's thinking that Israel must be seen as a Jewish State and that to think otherwise is antisemitic, we read:

Article Wrote:In what would constitute a stunning rhetorical volte-face, Pope Francis reportedly walked back earlier statements praising Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and dubbed some of Israel’s detractors “anti-Semitic.”

In comments made to veteran Portuguese-Israeli journalist Henrique Cymerman Thursday, Francis was quoted as saying that “anyone who does not recognize the Jewish people and the State of Israel — and their right to exist — is guilty of anti-Semitism.”

How to keep Israel a Jewish State without there being walls must be a Divine Mystery. He also says that anti-Zionism is antisemitism, which makes understanding pre-Conciliar Popes pretty tricky. Pope St. Pius X said, "We cannot prevent the Jews from going to Jerusalem – but we could never sanction it. The soil of Jerusalem, if it was not always sacred, has been sanctified by the life of Jesus Christ. As the head of the Church I cannot tell you anything different. The Jews have not recognized our Lord, therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people.”

-- And Pope Pius XI said, “Mark well that in the Catholic Mass, Abraham is our Patriarch and forefather. Anti-Semitism is incompatible with the lofty thought which that fact expresses. It is a movement with which we Christians can have nothing to do. No, no, I say to you it is impossible for a Christian to take part in anti-Semitism. It is inadmissible. Through Christ and in Christ we are the spiritual progeny of Abraham. Spiritually, we are all Semites.”

One of these Popes is wrong.

Anyway, back to our regularly-scheduled programming:

"Of course crises provoke fears and worries," he said but added that for him "the example of populism in the European sense of the word is Germany in 1933.

"Germany... was looking for a leader, someone who would give her back her identity and there was a little man named Adolf Hitler who said 'I can do it'."

"Hitler did not steal power," the pope said. "He was elected by his people and then he destroyed his people."

Vox Wrote:So, let's break this down: if the people vote for someone they see as acting in their best interests, that is "populism." If things turn out badly or if they vote for someone who's against global government, world banks, open borders, and anything else that violates the principle of subsidiarity, well, it just goes to show you that "populism" is bad. If things turn out well or if they vote for someone Soros funds, then populism turns into democracy! And we all know that democracy is the greatest thing since Martin Luther!

I think I get it now!

The Germans at that time also wanted to protect themselves with "walls and barbed wire so that others cannot take away their identity," he said.

Vox Wrote:
They had barbed wire fences surrounding Germany??? I'm stunned! I never read that in any History text anywhere!

"The case of Germany is classic," he said, adding that Hitler gave them a "deformed identity and we know what it produced."

Pope Francis however underscored that it was too early to pass judgement on Trump.

Vox Wrote:
Ah, he threw Trump a bone. Nice.

"Let's see. Let's see what he does and then we will evaluate," he said.

Vox Wrote:How about letting the American people evaluate? If he goes mucking around in others' countries -- something I don't anticipate because that's a Hillary sorta thing -- they can evaluate, too. Or if he actually does something morally egregious that leads the country in a diabolical direction, then maybe evaluate that.

Yeah, instead of you evaluating Trump and sizing up how he'll wield power, how about you focus on how you wield power, aiming for running the Church the way a Catholic would? Focusing on things like, you know, sticking with Catholic doctrine, spreading the actual Gospel, the salvation of souls, getting our seminaries filled back up with men who'll be taught to offer the TLM, stopping with the insults to the faithful, removing the boot from the necks of trad religious orders -- ya know, things like that?

Francis is such a Lefty Globalist he just can't help himself.

Europe is about to be lost to Islam because of his thinking and he's worried about Populism.
http://www.breitbart.com/faith/2017/01/1...stupidity/

This pretender criticizes nations for wanting to protect and preserve their identity and then he not only not criticizes "Israel" for the SAME thing, but calls one a hater for not recognizing Zionism!

What a Fraudulent individual. Can anyone not see through such double standards?

Does he actually think no Catholics are aware of Pope St. Pius X or is he not aware of Pope St Pius X?

Or is he so Judaized he just doesn't care?
(01-22-2017, 03:07 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]Or is he so Judaized he just doesn't care?

This is most likely the case.
You hear the media talk about Pope Francis. A lot gets highlighted, a lot also goes unhighlighted because the sheer amount of what he has issued. I like his selections in Evangelii Gaudium on the missionary spirit.

Quote:One of the faults which we occasionally observe in sociopolitical activity is that spaces and power are preferred to time and processes. (223)