FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The ideological purge at the Vatican
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
                                                              For most of us, who are not Knights of Malta, the resignation of the group’s grand master will have little immediate impact. But the unprecedented papal intervention into the affairs of that venerable body fits into a pattern that should, at this point, worry all faithful Catholics. Under Pope Francis, the Vatican is systematically silencing, eliminating, and replacing critics of the Pope’s views. https://www.catholicculture.org/commenta...fm?id=1197

WOW ! This is from Catholic Culture, a site that lists Fisheaters, and several other good sites as dangerous.  I pray that people are awakening.
                                                                  I'll try those links again
                                                                  http://www.catholicculture.org/commentar...fm?id=1197
                                                                  http://www.catholicculture.org/commentar...fm?id=1198
(01-26-2017, 10:20 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]                                                              For most of us, who are not Knights of Malta, the resignation of the group’s grand master will have little immediate impact. But the unprecedented papal intervention into the affairs of that venerable body fits into a pattern that should, at this point, worry all faithful Catholics. Under Pope Francis, the Vatican is systematically silencing, eliminating, and replacing critics of the Pope’s views. http s://www.catholic culture.org/commentary/otn.cfm?id=1197

WOW ! This is from Catholic Culture, a site that lists Fisheaters, and several other good sites as dangerous.  I pray that people are awakening.

I assume this is why links from that site are always broken.  Why allow a site to get traffic from your site when they say things that are untrue about your site in an attempt to get their readership to avoid it?  News stories like this are often posted on multiple sites.  It might be best to try and find the story on a site that doesn't bash Fish Eaters and post the link from there.

For some of us, it has been clear since day one that there is something seriously wrong with Pope Francis.  As time has gone by, more people have begun to realize this.  I think he's already seriously crossed the line, to the point that a future pope could very well declare him an antipope and heretic.  Allowing people who are divorced and civilly remarried to receive communion without living as brother and sister would be pitting pastoral theology against moral and sacramental theology, and to claim that it is possible to allow intrinsic evil (adultery) in order to be "pastoral" is heresy.  A big part of this problem was John Paul II.  Aside from the fact that he was the one who made Bergoglio a bishop and cardinal, his papacy was so defined by his personality that people put way too much importance on everything the pope says and does.  Pope Francis hugged a disfigured man.  Big deal!  Do people really think he's the first person, or even the first pope, to do that?  Pope Francis will have to make an account for the confusion he has wrought in his life, especially during his time as pope.  Pray for him.  And, as sad as it is to have to say, pray that God will send us someone else.

Some have suggested that Pope Francis is just what the Church needs to shed itself of the tendency to idolize the pope that began under John Paul II.  I agree with that.  After John Paul II died, people started calling for his immediate canonization.  I'd cringe when I would hear the priests on EWTN refer to him as "John Paul the Great."  I never understood that.  Yes, he did go to the ends of the earth to show my generation that God loves us and that we have a place in the Church, and I respect him for that.  Even so, his liturgies were awful, loud, multicultural circuses.  He had a dreadfully poor ability to discern character and judge intentions (whatever you'd call the opposite extreme of rash judgment), allowing the clergy sex abuse scandal to flourish.  The popular enthusiasm for him that still exists even today is overdone, and it spills over into enthusiasm for whoever the reigning pope happens to be.