FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Vortex---Catholic Monopoly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is simultaneously upsetting and uplifting.

You know, I really do like this man's clarity when he speaks of the disaster. He is very concrete, with numbers, examples, and specific projections. And he holds nothing back. However, when the time comes to offer some hope, there is a lack of the same kind of specificity. In the end, he suggests that one must cling to the sacraments, the teachings, and the devotions, but these are exactly where the hierarchy has created confusion. Whose sacraments? Malta's marriage or Poland's marriage? Whose communion? Malta's or Poland's? Whose teachings? The ones that claim that AL changes nothing at all from previous Church teachings on the nature of the sacraments, or those that say the opposite? Burke's or Kasper's? Mueller pre-2017 or Mueller 2017? John Paul's or Francis'?

A massive part of the current disaster is due to the fact that the "teachings" about the "sacraments" are contradictory, so I look forward to the time when Mr. Voris can answer the questions above. If he can do so, I will be a viewer and huge fan.
(01-27-2017, 10:59 AM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]However, when the time comes to offer some hope, there is a lack of the same kind of specificity. In the end, he suggests that one must cling to the sacraments, the teachings, and the devotions, but these are exactly where the hierarchy has created confusion. Whose sacraments? Malta's marriage or Poland's marriage? Whose communion? Malta's or Poland's? Whose teachings? The ones that claim that AL changes nothing at all from previous Church teachings on the nature of the sacraments, or those that say the opposite? Burke's or Kasper's? Mueller pre-2017 or Mueller 2017? John Paul's or Francis'?

As trads, we know the answers to those questions (see:  http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html ). We just have to carry on, and TRUST in Jesus.

These trends tend to change. For example in Russia, during Stalin's era, Russian Orthodox Church was reduced to only 4 active bishops, others were killed or in prisons. But in period 1988-2013 Russian Orthodox Church has built or rebuilt 25 000 churches, cathedrals and monasteries, 1000 churches per year, 3 churches per day. Moscow Patriarchate has also opened parishes in almost every country in the world.
Thanks, Vox. I have to say, when I converted to the Catholic Church I never though I would see my faith waver as it does today. Seemingly, nothing can make the bad news stop. However, I read the page you posted the link to, and I ended up with the very uncomfortable feeling that I can place Pope Francis' declarations in almost every single paragraph you have listed as "Error." Maybe every single, except perhaps the one on collegiality. He doesn't strike me as very collegial. But, you say the Keys were given to him. But he is the source of all of this confusion. I know, we could look for the true source in the Renaissance, or in the Enlightenment, or Modernism, or whatever. But in 2017, it is him. Period. Also, there are almost no quotations on that page from Pope Francis, BXVI, JPII, JPI, Paul VI, etc. So, what do we do with that?
I am still disconsolate. Last I read they are re-thinking the English corrections to the Missal.

There is no end in sight. They appear to have the 2 most important weapons at their disposal: practically unlimited authority and practically unlimited energy.
I guess that for me the only glimmer of hope is what I read on the Deus Ex Machina blog. Eventually, this 'enterprise' will run out of money, sell everything, and die. Still, what a shame
(01-27-2017, 07:54 PM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]Last I read they are re-thinking the English corrections to the Missal.
Who is?
Oh. :( Here's hoping, "...for you and for many" doesn't go back to, "...for you and for all."
The human aspect is fickle. People leave the Church for many reasons, but many of these reasons I've heard just aren't convincing. Pressure is now on young, traditional Catholic to fall in love, to marry, to have children and to raise them in way of Christ. The upcoming times will be interesting, indeed.
God is our only hope and consolation. Pope Francis will eventually be gone, let us hope that someone better comes along eventually. Remember that young Catholics are more conservative and traditional in nature. We will reclaim the Church even if almost none of it is left. It may take a long time... I hope to see it in my lifetime. Only God knows what the future holds. We certainly live in interesting times.