FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I'm not a Sedevacantist, but....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone else been wondering to themselves whether Francis is still pope?  I really don't know right now what I think about it, but I would be lying to say I didn't think it is a possibility ( maybe even probability). 

And if he is an anti-pope, barring Divine intervention, what happens? What do faithful Catholics do?
Rest assured, there is a Pope in this picture.  I'll let you guess who.
[Image: PopeS.jpg?dl=0]
Well I think that unless the church were to officially declare Pope Francis an antipope sometime after his death then we would be bound to accept that but I don't really see that happening. Even if Pope Benedict XVI were under pressure, he willingly ceded his position and unless future evidence disproves this then we must confess that Francis is indeed the pope at least in title.
As long as Pope Benedict XVI lives, there will always be speculation by some. We'll see what happens.
Interesting question. If I am being honest, I don't see that Francis has done anything "more heretical" than every pope since Paul VI. Promulgating the VII documents, imposing the Novus Ordo, participating in false worship, etc. They've all done these things. Francis is just the latest and boldest among them.

Yet, I think they're all popes until the Church tells me otherwise. If he's an anti-pope, I don't expect the Church to declare that in my lifetime.

What do I do? I go to Mass (the traditional Mass), pray, and attend to my duty of state. Whatever Francis thinks about any particular issue doesn't change the Catholic faith. I'm bound to believe and follow Christ whether or not any given pope is believing or following Christ.

And I don't buy the Benedict is pope theory. Even if he were, at this point, he's a super-Honorius, who by his silence in the face of this scandal would've likewise excommunicated and deposed himself.
I guess you can say I am in the minority.  I don't believe that Francis is the pope.  His refusal to answer the Dubia, along with his past actions, and Benedict's actions, which has lead me to doubt, and to this conclusion.

What I have done, is simply continue to live my life and ignore pretty much everything about Francis from his 'prayerful intentions' at Mass, to his heretical comments.

I have had much more peace accepting that he is not the pope, and therefore does not have the mark of a pope that comes with the Divine graces that preserves him from error.  It is much easier, logical, and reasonable for me to acknowledge this, than try and continue to fit the square peg into the round hole.

(02-16-2017, 07:17 PM)ermy_law Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't buy the Benedict is pope theory. Even if he were, at this point, he's a super-Honorius, who by his silence in the face of this scandal would've likewise excommunicated and deposed himself.

Which could very well be true.  I think Benedict-still-pope proponents, mostly agree that if he is still pope, he is the worst.
(02-16-2017, 05:50 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else been wondering to themselves whether Francis is still pope?  I really don't know right now what I think about it, but I would be lying to say I didn't think it is a possibility ( maybe even probability). 

And if he is an anti-pope, barring Divine intervention, what happens? What do faithful Catholics do?

Other than my firm belief that he is a downright rotten pope, my carefully-deduced impression that he is not nearly as "humble" as he is often portrayed, and the fact that the image of his face is the most offensive thing I see on a regular basis, I have no reason to believe that he is not the pope.  I believe he is the pope, but a very, very bad one.  We call the pope Holy Father, but that does not mean he is holy, or even good.  In these times, we must know and teach the faith ourselves.  When presented with accusations of being "against the Holy Father," we must be prepared with a substantive explanation.  We must go to confession often.  We must go to Mass as often as possible, offering each Mass we hear in reparation for our sins and those of others.  We should offer other sacrifices and prayers in reparation for our sins and those of others.  We should live a penitential life, and ask God to have mercy on us and send us a pope we need rather than one we deserve.
(02-16-2017, 08:07 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]Other than my firm belief that he is a downright rotten pope, my carefully-deduced impression that he is not nearly as "humble" as he is often portrayed, [...]

This.

It drives me crazy.
In the end it's up to Almighty God to save HIS church, not us, he has let this modernist become Pope  and we don't know what will still befall the Church. I'm positive the ACCURATE 3rd Secret of Fatima has the explanation why this has happpened since 1960 and why the Consecration of RUSSIA has NOT occurred.
(02-16-2017, 07:20 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2017, 07:17 PM)ermy_law Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't buy the Benedict is pope theory. Even if he were, at this point, he's a super-Honorius, who by his silence in the face of this scandal would've likewise excommunicated and deposed himself.

Which could very well be true.  I think Benedict-still-pope proponents, mostly agree that if he is still pope, he is the worst.

Couldn't agree more.  If Benedict is still the pope, it's an appalling show of faith to date.  What possible threat or exposure by clandestine entities within the Curia could be so great as to cause the holy father to abdicate the keys, as opposed to putting their full faith in the lord and dying for the church if need be.. as past popes and martyrs did?  Being a spiritually weak man myself, I shouldn't throw stones, but as pope, it appears Pope Benedict fled for fear of the wolves at the door.  Rumor has it that he said to Bishop Fellay that his authority ended at the door! 

Maybe all of the prayers requested by the blessed virgin for the holy father at Fatima were for Benedix to accept the cup given to him by the father.  He said himself the church was undergoing it's own passion, and the vision at Fatima is clearly one of  a weakened pope in halting step at the foot of the cross.

Either way...  it's grim however it's viewed.
Pages: 1 2 3