FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis has removed every single member of the Vatican pro-life academy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From LifeSiteNews:

"The Pontifical Academy for Life, long a bastion of orthodoxy within the Vatican, now has no members and is effectively shut down after Pope Francis’ recent reform of the institution.

The pope issued new statutes for the Academy on October 18, and removed all of its members."

More here:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-f...ife-academ
Pfft.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter.  There could be something we don't know regarding the situation that the Pope does indeed know, or someone from one of his teams that he has put together.  There might be a grander vision that I am missing.
(02-18-2017, 11:31 AM)EliRotello Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, it doesn't matter.  There could be something we don't know regarding the situation that the Pope does indeed know, or someone from one of his teams that he has put together.  There might be a grander vision that I am missing.
Perhaps, but it's concerning when he's already stripped the CDW of almost all of its staunchly orthodox prelates (except for Cardinal Sarah, who is now basically on his own), given Cardinal Burke a largely ceremonial position more oriented to retirement when he's a very lively man, invited many heterodox prelates to the Synod, and has made Blase Cupich both a Cardinal and the head of the Congregation for Bishops when he has a horrible track record. There's now a well established pattern.